Boots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same IP as HBRN. Just checked. I'm tellin' ya, we got Troll Triplicity here.

EDIT: no offense meant to any Scandihoovian friends

You've made a capitalization error Nate. Troll is the Scandihoovian whom you don't want to offend.................and those three culls are the troll triplicity (who are offensive)...:msp_thumbup:

Seriously? 12 EEE. you may think of changing your handle to BigFoot

well you know what they say about guys with big feet

They have to buy big boots :msp_wink:

I'm not too far behind you there. 11 EEE for me.....

Last edited:
I just did a little research, on account of being curious like that, and found something.

WP99 IP Address: 66.200.124.xxx
HBRN IP address: 208.100.175.xxx
CATDIESEL IP address: 64.184.37.xxx

It appears that there may actually be THREE trolls speaking with one voice! It is like Grimm's fairy tales come to life!

I knew CATDIESEL and WP99 were the same guy. Had to be. HBRN surprised me. Check STIHLTHEDEERE. Bet that's him too. And he had another one which escapes me....all caps as well.

You've made a capitalization error Nate. Troll is the Scandihoovian whom you don't want to offend.................and those three culls are the troll triplicity (who are offensive)...:msp_thumbup:

I'm not too far behind you there. 11 EEE for me.....

That's actually quite small for a circus bear. I woulda thought maybe 22's.

Lord have mercy lol. I can see I have found some brothers. I've been looking for a place with some roughnecks, and I found it. The above whiner should probably go back to mommas tit from the sound of it, my 5 yr old nephew has thicker skin than that.

Anyways, back to boots. Just ordered 2 sets of Red Dawg 12" lace to toe vibrams from Baileys. They are on sale in some sizes for $130, so figured they were worth a shot to try out. I plan to soak them down and wear them dry until they break in, then use neatsfoot oil on them, which is the same thing that we use on our draft horse harnesses. Glad to see a few guys here have tried and like them, will let you guys know how they break in and wear.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

Anyways, back to boots. Just ordered 2 sets of Red Dawg 12" lace to toe vibrams from Baileys. They are on sale in some sizes for $130, so figured they were worth a shot to try out. I plan to soak them down and wear them dry until they break in, then use neatsfoot oil on them, which is the same thing that we use on our draft horse harnesses. Glad to see a few guys here have tried and like them, will let you guys know how they break in and wear.

Spots, thanks for mentioning that sale, I logged on and found red dawg calks in my size on sale for about $160 and ordered a pair. Might as well try at that price point :beer:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Spots, thanks for mentioning that sale, I logged on and found red dawg calks in my size on sale for about $160 and ordered a pair. Might as well try at that price point :beer:

No problem. Id been wanting to try a set, and for that price I couldn't pass them up. I bought the last set of 9.5 ee's and my dad bought the last 8.5 ee's in the 12 inch logger. I woukd love to give calk boots a shot, but I just dont work in the woods enough to justify the cost. I work on construction sites and around the farm 6 days a week, and only log a few times a month.

No problem. Id been wanting to try a set, and for that price I couldn't pass them up. I bought the last set of 9.5 ee's and my dad bought the last 8.5 ee's in the 12 inch logger. I woukd love to give calk boots a shot, but I just dont work in the woods enough to justify the cost. I work on construction sites and around the farm 6 days a week, and only log a few times a month.

This will be the first I've used calks, always had lug soles before. Looking forward to it.

This will be the first I've used calks, always had lug soles before. Looking forward to it.

One thing to remember...if your left leg is itching, don't scratch it with your right foot. And vice-versa. :)

And, while I'm nagging...get yourself a calk wrench and keep those spikes snugged up tight.

and learn to pick your feet up if your a foot dragger. otherwise , well you get the idea.:msp_wink:

just ordered a pair of 12ee's . at that price i'll give them a shot. pretty hard on boots so we will see how they hold up.

...and remember that there will be approximately two whole days, if you're lucky, when the length of the spikes is "just right". Before and after that they're either too long and build up trash or they're too stubby and don't grab anymore. Two days. Well, maybe three if you're careful.

just ordered a pair of 12ee's . at that price i'll give them a shot. pretty hard on boots so we will see how they hold up.

The ones I had were pretty good...especially for the price. The quality of the leather and the stitching impressed me.
I think that if a guy kept them snugged up tight to his foot to where they didn't slop around they'd probably last.

They drank up a lot of Obenauf's grease when they were new.

12 ee's? Slowp could get both feet in one boot.

see how they do, my fat arz is hard on boots. i keep mine tight as poss. leather laces help.

One thing to remember...if your left leg is itching, don't scratch it with your right foot. And vice-versa. :)

And, while I'm nagging...get yourself a calk wrench and keep those spikes snugged up tight.

Thanks for the advice! I think I would only have to make that leg scratching mistake once to learn my lesson :D

If they stay on sale for a couple weeks Ill grab a set of the caulk boots at that price, even for the 10 or less days a month I spend logging. Ill try them as geberal woods boots also.

Latest posts

Back