bottom end

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOBRDGO

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Which 100cc and up saw has the stoutest bottom end? The question being pointed at the strongest con rod, crank, and bearing assemblies, and block to support it. Thanks.

084 is pretty good and if you ever saw the inside of one you would think it would break pull starting it

I've heard that before and now I've heard it again I imagine I may have a winner. My Mac is done and now I am toying with building a piston port saw. I just gotta decide which one. I'm not interested in chasing any rare pistons or rings either. I'm thinking modern and stout to begin with and I'll try to ruin it from there. Haha.

Neither saw is cheap so it will be a while, but I'll get er done eventually. Thanks

088, BUT, be sure to get the later version that has a steel insert in the clutch side crankcase to support the bearing. Beefy lower end definition needs to include the bearing mounts. Real easy to slog out the mag casing on these big saws.

Latest posts

Back