Bought a new tool/machine/toy tonight....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cableguy256

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well, I finally bought a quad.... or should say I stole the thing... it's an '88 Yamaha moto 4 250 2x4. Smaller than I wanted and not 4x4.. BUT... It runs, just needs part of the exhaust and a pitcock valve for the gas tank... needs new front tires and I had to put all the plastics and racks back together as the guy was gonna redo it but lost interest.... now for the best part.. what I gave for it...... a small 2 1/2 gallong air compressor, and $100!! That's IT! I'll try and get pics posted soon even though it does look rough but only cause it's old and the plastics faded, no cracks or breaks in it... the racks are a bit rusty but strength isn't compromised. Only other thing I'm gonna have to do is find a battery for it which will be easy. Anyhow, just wanted to share my final-good fortune I got tonight!

Well, I finally bought a quad.... or should say I stole the thing... it's an '88 Yamaha moto 4 250 2x4. Smaller than I wanted and not 4x4.. BUT... It runs, just needs part of the exhaust and a pitcock valve for the gas tank... needs new front tires and I had to put all the plastics and racks back together as the guy was gonna redo it but lost interest.... now for the best part.. what I gave for it...... a small 2 1/2 gallong air compressor, and $100!! That's IT! I'll try and get pics posted soon even though it does look rough but only cause it's old and the plastics faded, no cracks or breaks in it... the racks are a bit rusty but strength isn't compromised. Only other thing I'm gonna have to do is find a battery for it which will be easy. Anyhow, just wanted to share my final-good fortune I got tonight!

Congrats....you stink!

Seriously tho...lotsa people unloading ATV's, Harleys, antique cars....good deals are out there for those with cash.....scrap metal here back up to around $10/hundred

Sounds like a great deal!

I have a 86 yfm 225 2x4 I bought new. Me and everyone in my family ran the crap out of it. It has a bad bearing in the trans but I plan on rebuilding it and putting it back to work. It would run forever on a tank of fuel.

I used it to skid all the logs up to this fort I built as a kid. You can see it sitting there in the first picture.

FORT.JPG

Billy

Back