Bought a trade in 346xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
it had a chunk missing from the crankcase near the choke lever were the top cover over hangs the crankcase. No biggie it doesn’t affect the running. I figure down the road maybe I could find a used case or non running saw. Boy was I wrong these 346xp’s are hotter than hati on the used saw market. What makes them so sought after?

346xp, 357xp, 371/372xp, 385/390xp, 394/395xp. Did I miss any?
Depends on which "family" he meant. The 346 is the only "xp" on that chassis, but there are the detuned brothers that are basically the same. Then there's the 42mm and 44.3mm flavors. Throw in my favorites, the red headed siblings, and you have even more interchangability. All of this info is available via the search function, but I think it must be broken.

it had a chunk missing from the crankcase near the choke lever were the top cover over hangs the crankcase. No biggie it doesn’t affect the running. I figure down the road maybe I could find a used case or non running saw. Boy was I wrong these 346xp’s are hotter than hati on the used saw market. What makes them so sought after?
What do they sell for?

Rather than battle the auction bidding game I just ordered a new 346xp crankcase and be done with it. With the prices going up on these I can always get my money back. Plus I might like it.
I’ll go through it with new gaskets, seals, bearings, what ever the top end needs. It has good compression now maybe add a ring and piston. Then she’s all new.

Latest posts

Back