bought it! New rayco 1645

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you guys don't like my rayco? I am hurt.:givebeer:

I'm proud for you that you got new equipment. Rayco is just not my choice of stump grinder. I remember those days of eating dust all day and having to peer around the cutter wheel and having to stand in the fire ant beds and glad I can do it a different way.

I'm about to post up a couple of videos of mine but I won't hijack your thread. I'll make a new thread.

Like I said, I mean no disrespect to you but I just don't really care for the Rayco. I'm glad you are able to get new equipment.

How well does it grind when you are down 8-10"? I use a Bandit 2100 and we have to dig the chips out of the hole when grinding deep, because there isn't enough power to grind combined with the hole full of mulch. It also has a poor mulch capacity under the machine.

Thanks for doing that video. I would like to see it hit some hard wood, so if you get the chance to make another one that would be cool.

Did it stop the cutter on you? I did not hear the motor bog out but I saw the cutter stop suddenly and was curious if it slipped the clutch or disengaged when it saw the cutter stop?

Thanks for doing that video. I would like to see it hit some hard wood, so if you get the chance to make another one that would be cool.

Did it stop the cutter on you? I did not hear the motor bog out but I saw the cutter stop suddenly and was curious if it slipped the clutch or disengaged when it saw the cutter stop?

It looked like too big of a bite and then the clutch disengaged somehow.

yeah i know i goofed the title on the video. Actually that stump was not soft at all. Sugar maple is much harder than some of the soft maples. I would say close to the hardness of red oak.I had fresh teeth on the machine. I took the stump down about 6 inches or so below grade and really did not have any issue with grinding and chips in the hole. There is a much larger chip capacity than the 1625 i had. no axel in the way helps too. As far as the wheel stoping goes, there is an operator presence sensor that I am still getting used to. It stops the wheel if you are not in front of it.This is an electric clutch setup .I do plan on getting the remote when it is available. I really think the blade is great. Big time and back saver.

It looked like too big of a bite and then the clutch disengaged somehow.

That may be a cool feature if the resistance level does not drop over time, it could save belts. But, does that one even have a belt?

Command cut opinion

What are your thoughts of the command cut system on the Rayco? Do you find that it slows production?

It depends on what kind of stump you are in. The swing is 8 seconds. Rayco changed the pattern they recomend for the teeth and is upgrading me for free to a new control module that will be set at a 5 second swing. It does what it is suppose to do. The engine does not bog down at all. The controler slows the swing before you even notice that the load was increasing on the engine.

26g's huh..man..a couple more yrs when there are some used ones out there..and that might be my next machine! I love the 3 wheeler 1625 I have now..but man..that 4x4, the chip plow, and those extra ponies under the hood would make it SOOO much nicer and faster..gr8..what brand did you say you have again? I tried a big bandit last year in a dealer demo he brought to a job but it was just too big, it had the 34 hp Cat I think..the remote..nice machine..just not practical for the kind of jobs I get..

26g's huh..man..a couple more yrs when there are some used ones out there..and that might be my next machine! I love the 3 wheeler 1625 I have now..but man..that 4x4, the chip plow, and those extra ponies under the hood would make it SOOO much nicer and faster..gr8..what brand did you say you have again? I tried a big bandit last year in a dealer demo he brought to a job but it was just too big, it had the 34 hp Cat I think..the remote..nice machine..just not practical for the kind of jobs I get..

3gs more and that's what I paid for a 160 hour, 60 horse, tracked, remoted Carlton.

Mine's a big machine too but there's only been a couple of jobs that I couldn't get the Carlton to that I could have gotten my Rayco 1625 to.

The 1645 is working out well. The 59" swing is a big improvement over the 1625 I had. The blade is saving my back big time and cleans down to the turf.The Kubota diesel is nice and with command cut does not bog down at all. Very happy with the power.
I am switching to greenteeth on the outer 8 teeth. They are here just need time to change them over. I have 31 700 series greenteeth and 6 pockets for sale if anyone needs some and a new polychain for a 1625. Also a new axel and hub/sprocket too.
attachment.php

The 1645 is working out well. The 59" swing is a big improvement over the 1625 I had. The blade is saving my back big time and cleans down to the turf.The Kubota diesel is nice and with command cut does not bog down at all. Very happy with the power.
I am switching to greenteeth on the outer 8 teeth. They are here just need time to change them over. I have 31 700 series greenteeth and 6 pockets for sale if anyone needs some and a new polychain for a 1625. Also a new axel and hub/sprocket too.
attachment.php

So what size greenteeth are you going to use? And why only the outside 8 teeth?

Also, how far below grade does the blade go?

It's good for 14" below grade. I got three sets of teeth when I bought the machine. The outer eight do the most cutting. I am only going to greenteeth on those. I did it on my 1625 and never switched out the entire wheel. Didn't change the inner teeth that often. When I run out of rayco superteeth I may switch the rest.

Latest posts

Back