bought some chaps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the Stihl basic chaps, helmet, etc kit I think it was aprx $100 and to me money well spent. They fit me really well and I dont even know Im wearing them or just dont think about it. I cut alone so I figured I better buy them than bleed to death in the middle of the woods. Even if it gives me a fighting chance to get help if i do whack myself in the leg. The helmet is awesome imo overall im very happy with the kit. Except the pants are black which makes it hard to see ticks. Rather be bright orange for this reason.

The helmet is awesome imo overall im very happy with the kit. Except the pants are black which makes it hard to see ticks. Rather be bright orange for this reason.

I have the helmet and I've been very happy with it.

I was trying to get green chaps, but all they had were orange in the wrap-arounds so that's what I ordered. But after pulling some ticks off me today, you have me thinking I'm better off with the orange!

Thanks, buddy!

I never heard of Tree Stuff, but I went right there from this thread and just ordered myself Labonville chaps (along with a few other goodies).

Between the free shipping because my order was over $100 and the 5% off coupon code, I'm really pleased. Everything should be here in 2 days, just in time for my next project: felling and bucking a Black Walnut in my backyard on Friday, if the 99% chance of rain predictions turn out to be wrong...
Glad i could help.....i buy all my gear from Tree Stuff they have great prices and excellent customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This turned into a real good thread. Nice reading.

Cause and effect. If you didn't start this thread a week ago, KenJax wouldn't have mentioned Tree Stuff, and I my new chaps wouldn't have arrived at my door today.

(I got an email from FedEx moments ago saying they were just delivered!)

I have the helmet and I've been very happy with it.

I was trying to get green chaps, but all they had were orange in the wrap-arounds so that's what I ordered. But after pulling some ticks off me today, you have me thinking I'm better off with the orange!

I hear you about the ticks. Gonna do the seasonal permethrin application to jeans, and now chaps. And some shirts. Don't want to deal with Lyme disease. Thanks for the heads-up.

Phil, they were the GENERIC APRON STYLE CHAINSAW CHAPS that they sell for $49.99

"Ease your mind when operating chainsaws by wearing these UL Classified protective chaps. These leg garments are designed to reduce the risk of severity of injury to the body parts covered by pads, should they come in contact with a rotating saw. Oil and water resistant oxford outer."

Phil, they were the GENERIC APRON STYLE CHAINSAW CHAPS that they sell for $49.99

"Ease your mind when operating chainsaws by wearing these UL Classified protective chaps. These leg garments are designed to reduce the risk of severity of injury to the body parts covered by pads, should they come in contact with a rotating saw. Oil and water resistant oxford outer."

what's your leg worth? .. Labonville competition chaps for me .. watching video on Madsens where they did a series of full power chainsaw into chaps with hams.
Labonville competition chaps was the only ones that prevented injuries .. not just reduce injuries like some chaps claim.

http://www.madsens1.com/chaps.htm

Labonvilles manufacturing facility is about 4 miles from my house and I drive past it frequently. They make a lot of their specialized gear in Gorham NH with local labor. They have several locations in the region serving the logging industry, but unfortunately they seemed to be very good at locating the stores where Walmart decided to build years later so they have lost a lot of sales volume at the stores. They do have 20% off sales on occasion at the stores but usually in the fall and winter.

One caveat when ordering chaps is that a standard length is setup for someone with short inseam and runs short. Make sure you buy the right length. The other caveat is I got a new pair from the National Park Service for volunteer work and the newer styles are considerably thicker and heavier than past version. Labonville's sells some nice heavy duty suspenders that work real well to keep them from sliding down. If they made one change I would have them install buttons on the waistband so I could use the conventional style suspenders instead of the grip type.

Latest posts

Back