Bought some junk tonight

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STLfirewood

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I went to the store and bought a couple pieces of junk tonight. I bought MS290 saws with 18" bars and chains. I just called them junk to rile the 290 lovers and feed the 290 haters.

Scott

Got em muff modded & retuned yet?: hmm3grin2orange: I kinda like mine since I did that. I was about to sell it otherwise.
They look sooooooo clean. Congrats A C

Mine served me well for a lot of years. It's now relegated to loan to little brother and saw for an extra helper if one shows up. Basically it collects dust in the shed.

The last time I used it, I thought I was using one of my old Olys with the handles bolted straight to the case, the AV is sure lacking on em.

not to bad a deal, round here those 290's retail for $325 +tax at the local dealer so you did good. Dont own one so i cant comment on the saw

Best peice of junk saw out there, performance wise. They may be a pain to rebuild, but I hate to admit that the one I had, cut with my 361 before it was broken in. Someone that didn't find this site could be happy with one for the rest for the rest of their lives.

They are $439 here... Prices painfully high. They can be nice saws if you get a good one. At least you have lots of backups!

Latest posts

Back