Bow Bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAWYER1

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can buy a bow bar? (sometimes called clearing guide) I saw them in the Baileys 2007 catalog but I can't find them online now. Can anyone tell me what's the difference between a bow bar and clearing guide?

Thanks for the assistance.

You could try eBay. I have seen them there once in a while. You'd have to check carefully for fit to your saw. Supposedly these bars are dangerous. I used one once. Didn't seem to work very well.

Anyone know where I can buy a bow bar? (sometimes called clearing guide) I saw them in the Baileys 2007 catalog but I can't find them online now. Can anyone tell me what's the difference between a bow bar and clearing guide?

Thanks for the assistance.

East Texas Bow mfg ph = 936-824-2116

Does not a clearing guide have a much narrower profile width than a typical bow? At one time bows were the in thing to have in the deep south. Mattered not if the saw was a Poulan 25 or a Homelite XL or whatever......it HAD to have a bow on it. Now its rare that one ever sees a bow around.

One thing was though they made it easy for knocking of limbs of felled trees, especially pines.

I have a new bow bar and a booklet that tells how to use them and will part with them. Contact me.

Rupedoggy,

If you still have that bow and book I would be interested. I was going to put an ad in the trading post for some bows to see if anyone had any.

I have been on a bow bar kick lately and using them on and off cutting firewood and underbrush.

They are dangerious to use and require a different technique when cutting with them and have to be on your guard more for kickback. Even with all the safety guards in place they can be dangerious.

Larry

Latest posts

Back