Bow rebuild service

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bow Master

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am new to this site but someone asked me to join to offer people the ability to breath new life into that old worn Bow.
I do not care to get into the "legality" debate . the bottom line is they are only "illegal" for OSHA regulated companies. They are perfectly legal to own. The reason they do not make them anymore, is that Insurance companies will not insure someone to make them. Texas bow company made then until 2010. I am also interested in purchasing worn out, broken or any other condition. If this is the wrong forum I apologize as I am new.

What do you charge for a bow rebuild? No straightening, just buildup and re-facing of a worn bow.
Thanks

Perhaps you could explain what exactly you do for the amount you stated in your post. Can you also post pictures of your production facility along with how you maintain the quality and consistency of your repairs? It would also be great to know what you can and can't repair. How long have you been doing this and do you have references?

I Tig weld on stellite #6 alloy all around the nose as well as the tail end so hardening is not required I then regrind the slot to .050/.063. My facility is just my 28X60 shop. I can fix ANYTHING on a bow as far as quality I have rebuilt over 300 in the last 4 years and have never had one comeback defective. I sell most of them on eBay you can look me up under jgreen70.

Attachments

• IMG_2235.JPG
    IMG_2235.JPG
    997.7 KB · Views: 71
What are these bars used for? Limbing?

Best of luck with your business venture!

Do you purchase used bow bars from people?
Bucking pulpwood or firewood. They have huge problems with kickback and its one of the reason they are hard to get a hold of now.

How many cubes do I need to pull one of those? I think it would be handy for the cutting I am doing now.

Doesnt take too large of a saw. A 14" bow usually takes a 25" (84dl 3/8) chain but you are only cutting with 12" or so of the bar at a time. I use an 044 on mine and it works damn good. Thats way more saw that it needs but overkill pleases me.

Back