Brad Snelling and the MS180?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was like a cross between "300" and "Peewee's Playhouse"....

Please Please,,,,,,,, somebody help me up off the floor my sides killing me!!!! JJ,,,,That's Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody rep Jacob for me!!!!! It (the system) wont let me!!!!

Last edited:
Please Please,,,,,,,, somebody help me up off the floor my sides killing me!!!! JJ,,,,That's Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody rep Jacob for me!!!!! It (the system) wont let me!!!!

Worry not R to the squared, I got him for ya!!!!

Hey, don't sweat the small stuff. Everyone's just bored and looking for some fun:rock:

Bored,,, Ha ha could have used an extra sawyer like you today/yesterday Brad,,, check this out!!!

I apologize to the OP but I dont think his MS180 would have been much help!!!!!

this was a twin sweet gum that had to be 120 feet tall and 100+ years old,, it took almost 3 hrs with a three man tree crew to fall it and pile it up,, they always seem so much bigger when you get them on the ground???????

220449d1327838087-bigsweetgum2-jpg

This is my 066 wearing a 36" reduced weight Oregon powermatch barw/33rsc stihl chain, just using for reference, the tree crew had it flush cut for us pretty nicely
220445d1327837472-bigsweetgum3-jpg

This is Jody My Nephew running the recently repowered (W/cummins 120hp naturally aspirated) Carlton 8018 track mounted Remote control stumpgrinder, note all the grinder shavings on the top of the stump,,,, 1hr/45 min to grind 18" below grade and chase all the root flares 20' radius from the center of the stump
220446d1327837576-bigsweetgum-jpg

it actually taped 80+"s in several spots
220450d1327838206-bigsweetgum4-jpg

Last edited:
220455d1327845528-flywheel-removal-001-jpg

Zip the nut loose with an impact wrench, spin the nut back down, but not all the way. Put your socket on the nut, lift up the saw by holding the flywheel, and pop the socket with a hammer. Don't go overboard on any of these steps.

View attachment 220455

No, it's a 025/250 carb that works. They don't all have a H needle though, so you have to watch.

Thanks for the correction.

Bored,,, Ha ha could have used an extra sawyer like you today/yesterday Brad,,, check this out!!!

this was a twin sweet gum that had to be 120 feet tall and 100+ years old,, it took almost 3 hrs with a three man tree crew to fall it and pile it up,, they always seem so much bigger when you get them on the ground???????

This is my 066 wearing a 36" reduced weight Oregon powermatch barw/33rsc stihl chain, just using for reference, the tree crew had it flush cut for us pretty nicely

This is Jody My Nephew running the recently repowered (W/cummins 120hp naturally aspirated) Carlton 8018 track mounted Remote control stumpgrinder, note all the grinder shavings on the top of the stump,,,, 1hr/45 min to grind 18" below grade and chase all the root flares 20' radius from the center of the stump

I glad I'm not the only one that thinks they grow when they hit the ground, I always say, its because it don't have gravity pushing down on it any more.

Is that your grinder? Nice!
All you have to do is rent one and try to be productive w/ it once, before your looking into getting your own!

You always seem to take a pic of your measuring tape alongside your tool, we are just lucky you do so tastefully.......

So now that we're way off topic, is there a correct way to get the flywheel off? :hmm3grin2orange:

220455d1327845528-flywheel-removal-001-jpg

Zip the nut loose with an impact wrench, spin the nut back down, but not all the way. Put your socket on the nut, lift up the saw by holding the flywheel, and pop the socket with a hammer. Don't go overboard on any of these steps.

View attachment 220455

So..unless the nut has a shoulder....it looks like the end of the socket is resting on the flywheel during this.

Thanks for the correction.

I glad I'm not the only one that thinks they grow when they hit the ground, I always say, its because it don't have gravity pushing down on it any more.

Is that your grinder? Nice!
All you have to do is rent one and try to be productive w/ it once, before your looking into getting your own!

Its my Nephews,,, Ya we also have a smaller 70 hp Carlton that we started with,,, alot of maintenance,,, keeping two running,,, but they keep putting grub on the table,,,

You always seem to take a pic of your measuring tape alongside your tool, we are just lucky you do so tastefully.......

Yeah funny how that works,,, Ehhh? LOL!!!

Last edited:
Its my Nephews,,, Ya we also have a smaller 70 hp Carlton that we started with,,, alot of maintenance,,, keeping two running,,, but they keep putting grub on the table,,,

Yeah funny how that works,,, Ehhh? LOL!!!

Well if you got it, Flaunt it!!!!

Yes, that is why Stihl is the best!!!!

Their flywheel nuts have shoulders on them!!!

I save them as they fit the Huskies too!!!

Agreed,,, that method for pulling flwheels with a hammer tap isw a good one,,,, Don't know why but I think Stihl's are the easiest saws trimmers etc. to work on,, But I dont usually use impacts or metal piston stops on Customers stuff,,, have had a couple mishaps and thats all Im gonna say about that!!!

Back