Brand New light weight bar and chain barely cannot turn chain by hand? What up with that.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my MS361 saw back together, after ¾ wrap handlebar upgrade, longer bar, and muffler mod. I haven’t run it or started yet. Normal I would have thought it was the chain and bar, but I had this saw torn down and pulled the clutch bell and the cover around the clutch. The clutch bell was stuck, and I had some problems getting it off to lube the bearing. Also, this 3/4 wrap handlebar kit has a new chip cover plus I up sized the chain to .063-gauge chain. Typical on this saw I run a .050 gauge. I went to check the chain tension and aligned the chain and could barely turn the chain before it just jammed wouldn’t turn at all. Yes, the brake is off and lol... I know how to put a chain & bar on! Pulled the chip guard off so I could see what was going on … yes, the chain is stuck with the chip guard off. Wonder if any of you have seen this problem. Brand new Light weight bar and matching chain.
Take it back to the dealer. That's what I did when one of my bars seized. But have you made sure the teeth are in the sprocket?

Those "plugs" used to made from epoxy. It is part of the "e" oiling system. It keeps the bar oil from running freely off the heel of the bar and make a sort of pool for it so the drive links scoop it up. The epoxy would wear quickly to the depth of the bottom of the drive links.

Back