• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Brand New Stihl FG2 Bench Mounted Filing Guide Sharpener

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maulhead

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Brand New Stihl FG2 Bench Mounted Filing Guide Sharpener For Sale.

It was only taken out of the box to take these pictures, brand new still in the packaging. Instruction manual is included.

Price: $250 plus $12.35 shipping, via USPS Priority Mail, Medium Flat Rate Box, anywhere in the USA (including Hawaii & Alaska)

PayPal gift is the preferred payment.

thanks,
Matt

DSCN9977.JPG

DSCN9980.JPG

DSCN9981.JPG

Yep. I have missed at least 3 of these over the past year or so, so today is my lucky day. Even looked into trying to get one from across the pond but was going to a pita and too expensive.

Never used one of these, and I can hand file pretty well, but I'm sure this will be an upgrade for my chains!!!

It was only taken out of the box to take these pictures, brand new still in the packaging. Instruction manual is included.

Price: $250 plus $12.35 shipping, via USPS Priority Mail, Medium Flat Rate Box, anywhere in the USA (including Hawaii & Alaska)

thanks,
Matt

View attachment 408591

View attachment 408592

View attachment 408593
Put me on the list. DEC

thanks,
Matt

View attachment 408591

View attachment 408592

View attachment 408593

Per our convo. I thought it would be quick. But not 1 minute quick.

Yep. I have missed at least 3 of these over the past year or so, so today is my lucky day. Even looked into trying to get one from across the pond but was going to a pita and too expensive.

Never used one of these, and I can hand file pretty well, but I'm sure this will be an upgrade for my chains!!!

Congrats brother. It is a very high quality tool. Once set up? It works flawlessly

We both have much of the same , I also have a USG . the fg2 can be set up for square also , unless I got bad info .
With a PM sent 1 minute after the OP started the ad? I'd say yes. . :)

You want squarefiles. Why bother with silly round? ;) (I've seen good round stomp square).

I am an amateur and need all the help I can get. So I try every approach. ;)

View attachment 408669

With a PM sent 1 minute after the OP started the ad? I'd say yes. . :)

You want squarefiles. Why bother with silly round? ;) (I've seen good round stomp square).

I am an amateur and need all the help I can get. So I try every approach. ;)

View attachment 408669
I

Congrats brother. It is a very high quality tool. Once set up? It works flawlessly

I have tried square filing but never found a file that I liked. If ever get a grinder I will set it up for square for sure.

I like hand filing and really like trying different chains, angles, raker depth, etc. On different wood types.

Yes sir, Dex it sure went fast! Real fast! I posted the ad, and scrolled to the top to proof read it, and hit refresh and I already had a PM in the inbox, I was shocked. I figured maybe within a hour I would have a PM, but NOT a minute!! redoakneck be fast on the draw!! :)

We both have much of the same , I also have a USG . the fg2 can be set up for square also , unless I got bad info .

Bad info.

There is not enough travel in the up / down file angle adjustment.

I do believe with a Bridgeport and a rotary table, or better yet Proto-Track the angle adjustment can be increased to allow square filing. I tried to get a spare casting as a repair part to machine not wishing to alter the pristine unit I have. Alas, like the FG-1 and FG-2, repair / spare parts for them are no longer available through Stihl.

Only other alternative is to reverse engineer one, (not a biggie) and make it from AL billet. The biggest issue becomes the cost from a simple mod, (lunch or a six-pack for one of the toolmakers I know), to solid model or at least Eng. sketches, (that I can do if I had access to the software) and a few hours of man and machine time. Might be able to do it on a 3D printer but still need access to the machine and software.

Take Care

Bad info.

There is not enough travel in the up / down file angle adjustment.

I do believe with a Bridgeport and a rotary table, or better yet Proto-Track the angle adjustment can be increased to allow square filing. I tried to get a spare casting as a repair part to machine not wishing to alter the pristine unit I have. Alas, like the FG-1 and FG-2, repair / spare parts for them are no longer available through Stihl.

Only other alternative is to reverse engineer one, (not a biggie) and make it from AL billet. The biggest issue becomes the cost from a simple mod, (lunch or a six-pack for one of the toolmakers I know), to solid model or at least Eng. sketches, (that I can do if I had access to the software) and a few hours of man and machine time. Might be able to do it on a 3D printer but still need access to the machine and software.

Take Care

Thanks.

Can't square skip.. It can be modified. By the right person. The Atop will Square right out of the box.

But if you have a USG (really?) ? Why would you even want to hand file if you are cutting firewood? That USG should be producing phenomenal chain.

Back