Brand of truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Brand of Truck

• Ford

Votes: 53 42.1%
  • Chevrolet

Votes: 35 27.8%
  • Dodge

Votes: 23 18.3%
  • Other

Votes: 21 16.7%

• Total voters
I like 87 or older GM trucks, or ANY Ford. Izuzu NPRs with a 14' landscape body are fine too.

I can honestly say in all 8 companies I have worked for with a combined fleet of some 100 workwagons that none have had ford, chev or dodge, I guess they are mainly american/canadian fare.

Isuzu, Nissan, Toyota, Holden, Mazda, Hino, ERF and Mitsubishi

I personally like and have an Isuzu NPR 4wd, its awesome!

What kind of poll on trucks doesn have GMC...Your results will be skewed as I put mine into other.

You probably should have put toyota in there if you want a good poll!

attachment.php

jimmyq said:
F-250 loaded with 1500 KG's
Is that all? She can take more than that, with a full floater rear axle. How about at the dump over 10k lbs. with a 79 C20 that wieghs about 5300lbs. empty? Pulled over 9500k lbs loaded with firewood through the dump to go home with a 80 GMC C2500 (same thing)a couple of times, overload fines coming up. You can load the snot right out of those old Chevys. :rockn:

94' Ford F150 extra cab - 5.0 4x4 work pick up.

02 Ford F150 Lariat 5.4 liter 4x4 - Super Chip - K&N Generation II air injection system - 3 inch Magna Flow Exhaust - Rippin' Alpine system w/ 2 MTX 10s under the bench.

Wife/ 02' 24 valve DOHC Taurus w/leather and V6 loaded to the gills.

I had them trucks called a chevy/GMC.. Then I bought a few Fords and I will not look back .. Ford all the way:clap: :cheers:

chevy

Just got rid of an 84 Chevy K20 (4x4) w/6.2l diesel. That truck would pull/tow/push/drag/go through ANYTHING. Never failed me on time. Never stuck it. Always did everything I asked of her. Did I mention that she got 20mpg AND had 270,000+ miles on the original motor? With 4.10 gears and 35" mud terrains? I'll miss the old girl. :cry:

For me, I' own a Ford ranger, 2.0L motor, 3.08 gears in the diff, 23mpg at 55mph. cant complain about that, but I need to replace the motor and tranny since the bearings are going, and I wanted a newer motor in it anyways and the engines rear main seals leak.

other truck, which will soon be a daily driver, is my 87 chevy 3/4 ton
truck with 4x4.

brand doesnt matter, as long as it gets the job done and doesnt cost me a bunch to keep going.

Speaking of foreign cars. . .

There was a man from Boston,
Who had a Baby Austin.
He had room for his ask
And a gallon of gas,
But his nuts hung out
And he lost 'em.

Back