Brand new 62cc saw for $73...Hmm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timber MacFallen

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I was curious...what's the absolute worst/cheapest new gas chainsaw for sale on the old interwebs?

Amazon didn't disappoint and I think has delivered a winner. Behold the 62cc "Chain Saw" (yes, that's how it's branded on the side). Their slogan is "your best choice" and I suspect that could be true if the alternative is a steak knife or your old hacksaw.

It runs on a recommended mix of 20:1 which suggests the tolerances must be of the highest caliber. Better yet, it says "Professional" on the bar- so this baby isn't for amateurs.

Part of me wants to buy it just for the novelty and to see how truly awful it is. Who wants to be the first to make a video and give it a thorough test?

https://www.amazon.com/Powered-Chai...chainsaw&qid=1699849801&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-30
1699850386010.png

So I was curious...what's the absolute worst/cheapest new gas chainsaw for sale on the old interwebs?

Amazon didn't disappoint and I think has delivered a winner. Behold the 62cc "Chain Saw" (yes, that's how it's branded on the side). Their slogan is "your best choice" and I suspect that could be true if the alternative is a steak knife or your old hacksaw.

It runs on a recommended mix of 20:1 which suggests the tolerances must be of the highest caliber. Better yet, it says "Professional" on the bar- so this baby isn't for amateurs.

Part of me wants to buy it just for the novelty and to see how truly awful it is. Who wants to be the first to make a video and give it a thorough test?

https://www.amazon.com/Powered-Chai...chainsaw&qid=1699849801&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-30
View attachment 1127372
The return of Earthquake? Bigger! More powerful! more colorful! :p

I've had a 62cc for a while. I broke the starter mechanism on Sunday. I had to choose between a new starter assemly $22 USD or a new saw $67 USD both prices including shipping. Perfect saw for all the crap work.

Guilty of Treeson did an episode reviewing a Chainsaw chainsaw. I mean it is what it is. Jacob climbed a tree with it and it cut, but had it's downfalls. These things do work, but parts availability keeps me away, personally. If going with AM saws, I'll stick to ones that share parts with the orange colored saws.

Ya that's where I'm at currently I like my china saws but I also like that I can go down the block and get parts for them I haven't got any odd ball china ones yet.

Tho I have thought about getting one of the 2500 (25cc) top handle ones they all seem to have good reviews and are under 100 bucks.

I have a couple of those in different colours/names. If they'd advertise them as 52cc people would buy and like them, they are not a 60cc class saw.
If it's 54.5cc like mine they make a good amount of power for their size, some are 50cc and not quite as good.
Mine have been trouble free, I take it easy on the starters, they're easy pull so pull really easy and they fire right up. Drop starting them wrecks the pull start.

Good catch on the chain! LOL.

I didn't even notice the shipping, but I guess shipping a heavy paperweight from China gets expensive.

I'm going to guess the advertisers have seen plenty of folks post pics of their chainsaws with the bar flipped, and associate this with a serious chainsaw user, probably without having any idea why. To give the impression that their saws are good for serious use, they had someone flip the bar in the ad pic. They probably didn't actually have the saw to flip the bar on to get a pic, or depending on how good someone is with photoshop, it might actually be easier and faster to doctor the photo than to flip a bar on a saw and take a new pic.

It doesn't cost that much to ship a saw from China, at least not for them. I would guess the $45 shipping is the actual total cost on their side for the entire transaction, saw and shipping both. You get the saw, it blows up, dispute with Amazon, Amazon refunds you the $80 for the saw, but not the shipping charge. They charged you $45 for shipping, they only paid $10 for shipping and $35 for the saw, they broke even. Maybe even made a buck or two.

Latest posts

Back