Brand of truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Brand of Truck

• Ford

Votes: 53 42.1%
  • Chevrolet

Votes: 35 27.8%
  • Dodge

Votes: 23 18.3%
  • Other

Votes: 21 16.7%

• Total voters
Funny, I have had ZERO recalls on my truck(2005 Dodge Power Wagon). It has been in the woods almost every week since I bought it. Has pulled out other trucks people thought they would have to call in a wrecker for, Towed the bobcat 70 MPH down the interstate without even trying.

Now then, Being ex-chevy hardcore, and having been a chevy mechanic. I happen to know a few things about them. Last weekend at the hunt club, a guy with a chevy 1500(9 mos old) put his truck in 4wd and snapped one of those cheesy front shafts. on flat ground. He couldnt go anywhere. shaft was still in the hub. This is commoon too. Chevy does build a good motor, I have always thought that. But why buy a 4WD that sits 6 inches off the ground? For off-road use they suck, hands down.

If I break a shaft on my front end I can still drive home. My truck came with 33's stock. It has more cab room than a chevy, more power, and definately looks better. Chevy has some of the ugliest trucks on the road. The last good looking truck they made was the 99-01 silverado. Even their big trucks are ugly, like the new 4500.

The Japanese have no idea how to build a full size truck. Honda claims the Ridgeline to be a truck, It doesnt even have a frame. Their motors make all their power at mid to top end, not down low where a truck motor should.

We'll just have to settle it how we do down here. Bring your little pos chevy down here and we will put a chain between the two of em and see who pulls who.

:ices_rofl: My girlfriend drives a Dodge Stratus (only because it was given to her), needless to say last saturday was spent at the dealership having recalls done.

I have never owned a Dodge (thankfully), but from the experiences I've seen with parents, siblings, in-laws, friends, neighbors, etc I can't believe that anyone buys them. I am not saying that any of the brands are perfect, but I have seen WAY more problems with Dodge vehicles than any Ford or CHevy ever dreampt of having. Not to mention the fact that IMO they are ugly, cheaply built, and rust way sooner than a chevy. K, I'm done with my rant now. Can ya tell I don't like Dodge much? Wait til the hardcore Dodge guys see this, they'll be all over this like flies on ----.

I bet you like cold toilet seats too

Funny, I have had ZERO recalls on my truck(2005 Dodge Power Wagon). It has been in the woods almost every week since I bought it. Has pulled out other trucks people thought they would have to call in a wrecker for, Towed the bobcat 70 MPH down the interstate without even trying.

Now then, Being ex-chevy hardcore, and having been a chevy mechanic. I happen to know a few things about them. Last weekend at the hunt club, a guy with a chevy 1500(9 mos old) put his truck in 4wd and snapped one of those cheesy front shafts. on flat ground. He couldnt go anywhere. shaft was still in the hub. This is commoon too. Chevy does build a good motor, I have always thought that. But why buy a 4WD that sits 6 inches off the ground? For off-road use they suck, hands down.

If I break a shaft on my front end I can still drive home. My truck came with 33's stock. It has more cab room than a chevy, more power, and definately looks better. Chevy has some of the ugliest trucks on the road. The last good looking truck they made was the 99-01 silverado. Even their big trucks are ugly, like the new 4500.

The Japanese have no idea how to build a full size truck. Honda claims the Ridgeline to be a truck, It doesnt even have a frame. Their motors make all their power at mid to top end, not down low where a truck motor should.

We'll just have to settle it how we do down here. Bring your little pos chevy down here and we will put a chain between the two of em and see who pulls who.

If you like Dodge so much, maybe you should buy the company! Daimler is tired of losing money. :laugh:

If you like Dodge so much, maybe you should buy the company! Daimler is tired of losing money. :laugh:
Go back the last few years and you'll see that "Chrysler" was keeping "Daimler" afloat. I know, I'm a UAW member who works for Chrysler. We got profit sharing checks in 2005. That only happens when we "make a profit"! In 2006 we pretty much broke even. 2006 started out good, we took some losses in the 4th quarter that have continued into 2007. Now the Daimler side is doing ok and they want to sell us. One hand washes the other. We've saved them in the past and they've saved us in the past as well. They should keep us and continue to work with us as we have with them. ;)

But if they want to sell a company they paid $38 billion to get for $4.7 billion, maybe they aren't the smartest business people out there and it's all for the best! :rolleyes:

I was just flipping through consumer reports car edition. They spent $2 million on new vehicles, tested them on a 372 acre course, and drove them for over 1.5 million miles. The results? Dodge was one of THE lowest way below Ford, Chevy, and Toyota for reliability. I have to read some more to see how low they score for handling, comfort, maneuverability, quality etc.:laugh: I would have left well enough alone if not for the toilet seat remark:angry: !

366 GAS HYD BRAKE 4-WHEEL DISC
88,000 MILE NOT DRIVEN IN WINTER SUMMER ONLY
CHECKPHOTOS085.jpg

Ford, Ford, Ford Did I happen to mention Ford. F-150(5.4) F-250,F-350,F-450 all 7.3 Diesels:rock: :rock: Dodge been there done that:censored::bang: GMC Sure for the Grocery store runs.

Frog.

But this is also like taking Politics or Religion

366 GAS HYD BRAKE 4-WHEEL DISC
88,000 MILE NOT DRIVEN IN WINTER SUMMER ONLY
CHECKPHOTOS085.jpg

Hey there, my wood truck is VERY similar to that. I have a 1987 GMC 7000. It is black and white, has the 366, Hyd Brakes, 4 wheel disc, etc. It has 135,000 miles though. She still runs and starts great, and does its job well. Great minds think alike?

Over the years I have owned them all. Right now I have a Dodge 3500 4x4w/cummins & 5 speed. I can honestly say I have never owned a pickup that would pull with this one, I am happy with it. Which makes it look good to me. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.:hmm3grin2orange:
I have a young friend who shoe horned a 12 valve Cummins into an 02 Ford with a 6 speed, now he has a real truck.
Who cares what it says across the tailgate, as long as it gets you home with your load under it's own power?

Andy

For the record, and yes, I see the record is now over a year old, but for the record, any Ranger offered for sale in the US is a Ford through and through. The B-Series in the States from 1994 on is a rebadged Ranger.

We manufacture Rangers in three places in the world, Twin Cities MN, Thailand, and Argentina, and all three are different vehicles. (Edison NJ is now closed.)

Ford owns a 33% stake in Mazda, but we have the right to appoint the Chairman or the CEO, I can't remember which, so we effectively own controlling interest.

Back