Breakfast with a Forester

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leadarrows

Tree Freak
Reaction score
If your in Indiana you might be interested in this invite I received. I thought I would pass it along.

Sponsored by
Arrow Head Country RC&D Forestry Committee
Date: Feb. 18, 2014
Time: 7— 8:30 CST
8—9:30 EST
Breakfast with a Forester Richard’s Restaurant 3605 Commerce Drive, Warsaw, Indiana
February 18, 2014
Arrow Head Country RC&D Forestry Committee would like to invite you to an informal breakfast with friends
to discuss issues you may be having in your woodland areas. Foresters, including IDNR, Purdue, Consulting,
and Industry Foresters,depending on the month, will be available for conversation and questions. Everyone is welcome - no reservations needed, just walk in sometime during that 1.5 hours and join us.
No charge other than paying for whatever breakfast you order.
Arrow Head Country Resource Conservation and Development Area is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

There's one Friday morning a bunch of us students are going to attend. The professional chapter my student chapter in tech school interacted with would do dinners and they paid for our meals. Pretty sweet. Most guys like doing that. Hopefully once I get to working full time I can return the favor and mentor someone like I have been mentored.

Breakfast with my forester is fresh donuts from the local store and treats for his two little dogs. Amazing what you can learn over coffee and donuts.

Breakfast with my forester is fresh donuts from the local store and treats for his two little dogs. Amazing what you can learn over coffee and donuts.
its amazing what ya learn just by asking them........I like my county foresters.....maybe i'm lucky to have some good people to work with. I think when some of the new laws came out, some were resistant and those guys[n gals] got blamed.

The old school guys and gals here are not happy with our forest practices and let as much slide as they can. Usually it's the discretionary stuff that is left up to them anyways. Not many left. The one guy at the DNR that I knew to be old school left and went to work for the county. He was a Forest Practices Forester in charge of enforcing the rules. Awesome guy got to have beers with him one evening after a presentation and a logger I knew happened to be in the same restaurant having dinner when we were done.

Latest posts

Back