Breaks over

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustytools

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Alright guys its time to push back from the table and post me some more reading material. Just kidding. My father-in-law gave me permission to cut all of the cedar that I need to build me a shed over my milling area that I have made behind the house. Its just inside the edge of the woods. I already cut two tonight just before dark and cant wait for daylight to get here. Im gonna leave the posts round and mill up planks for the rest. Ill try to post some pics... of the milling and construction. I hope that everyone had a good Thanksgiving.

I finally have my posts cut and hauled to the site where Ill be building my shed over my mill carriage. Heres a pic of the posts and one of my sticker pile of cherry and a few of my new saw in the Alaskan.

I figured that I may as well show one of the rest of my saws.View attachment 41844 Homelite XL is a yardsale special, Poulan 3400 freebie, Stihl 08S freebie and Stihl 041 $50 plus cost of bar and chain. All run very well.

Dusty, nice collection of saws. The lumber looks good as well. What is the layout of the structure you are building. I am thinking about cantilevering off my back garage to create a dry protected area for milling and wood storage. Show us what you are building.

Thanks Hautions, Im just setting posts with a band on top with cross members in between to give me something to nail metal roofing to. Esentially Im just gonna build a roof over my carriage and rails to keep them out of the weather, plus Ill be able to do a little milling when the weather isnt so good. Finished product will be 10ft.X 20ft, about 8ft. tall. Ive also been pondering an idea of building a covered area to store my sticker stacks under. Ive got an old but good dog kennel which I think is about 10ft.X 10ft. that im gonna put some sorta framed roof on but still havent designed that in my head yet. All in due time I guess. Ill post more pics of the construction as I get time, Im a one man crew on the weekends so its sometimes a little slow plus all of the other stuff that Im trying to do keeps me hopping.

Dusty looks like you have lots of room in that shop of yours. I am envious. Nice stack of milled wood there too. Wish I could get redcedar cheap here. Looking forward to seeing your "structure" develop.

Latest posts

Back