Brits talkin about Brit stuff

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5. numbers as requested ,and original posts .#2452
Shaun Bowler

Sick of Brits?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it is long over due that the Brits get thier own web site.
I would like to never see their special status on this site to continue any more.
Lets have a poll!
Or, lets break up into nationalities, sex and race.

second one within a page of the first one. #2465
Shaun Bowler

Drivel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking through the "community posts', I feel slighted by the comments of isolationist.
You folk are the members who declare their "page " at this site.
How about Asians talking about Asian stuff. (This can be extrapolated.)
I believe the diretion of this site should be craftmenship.
Talk about isolationship, what about the Brits not joining the EU.
Face the truth... When we kicked you out of this country, you had no where else to go but an island.
Britian will do what ever ( DADDY-USA) say.

the third one and most antagonising one seems to have been deleted how strange .As a group we contributed a lot this site and not only in the brit thread but else where too.there has never been an argument involving any british member of a/s .why because we are all here to learn and communicate.
dignity and respect ?our dignity and respect was damaged when mr bowler was allowed to slight our national pride with his small view of the world .
we were a multi-cultural society years before your young country was even formed .I didnt organise the mass brit exodus to the treehouse ,people saw was what happening voiced there own opinions and left .view the threads mr fellow treehouser.so now you have been put straight about this trivial little incident you can return to polishing your little tin badge sheriff .and i will return to the treehouse .
best regards disgruntled from manchester :bang:
oh and as for the moderators working for darin well that maybe so ,without members though this site wouldnt be here .dont forget that ever ,as your sponsors need members to buy there goods .

1. no I don't read much of this thread. it's so slanged up I don't understand much of it.
2. the posts you refer to were deleted long ago. Those posts were wrong, and don't belong here. thats was about 2 weeks ago.
3. the almost as assine replys to said post were left intact for whatever reason.
4. this happened weeks ago. why all of the sudden is it cause for this show?
5. you were posting about this when you were asked for more info. to which you disappeared. Hard to help you if you don't want helped.
6. rude comments and vulgar connontations towards the site owner is off the mark. IMO, thats grounds to ban you outright and forget about all of this. This is the lack of respect I was talking about. darin pays for this playground you use, and this is how you repay him?
7. threats against another member is bad show. no matter where you run off to post them. Can also be considered a crime.
8. seems like you had this planned for a while, and are making an excuse to justify your actions to yourself.
9. no, I am not a member at your other site. I have strong disagreements with the site, it's operation, and management. therefore, I'm not associated with it.

I'll leave your user status unchanged for now, in the hopes of working this out.
Thats more than I'd do for most anyone else here.
-Ralph

Come on guys cool it, I agree with Highpiont though we can do without certain AS members coming on here and insulting us Brits..

I personaly enjoy all the tree forums on the net,IMO theres enough room for everyone and everything..

for the good of everyone ,i will agree that this topic has ended ,no more to be said really.
sorry if i came over a bit strong towards you ralph ,but im a patriot .

Bloody good job we're allies.eh chaps? Looking forward to hearing the friendly banter on here again, nuff whingers at work!!!;)

Sorry to turn the course of the conversation (whatever it was) I don't visit this thread often enought to keep up. UK based members are any of you in the used parts business? I would really like to hook up with a few UK based contacts who I can buy used parts from. I mainly deal with Husqvarna and Stihl chainsaws and Stihl TS concrete saws. I'm hobby only so don't foresee a great deal of transactions, but I'm always in need of bits for something. It would be great to start dealing with someone a bit more 'local'.

Cheers,

Dan

Highpoint, I did recieve your message, but I want to lay it down here. Begley is dead on with what he says. All of his points are valid. I was the one that deleted the post you refer to a couple weeks ago. Why? Because it was wrong. Lack of action, I don't know. I erased it. As Begley said, don't know why subsequent posts were not erased, maybe they were made based on the email that was sent out and I didn't see them at the time. Couldn't tell you. To be against you would be against AS. What I am against is the guys who com on here and put masterliar.Kom in there posts. Costa is right, there is plenty of room on the net. If you don't like me or my rules the door is open. Just don't come accuse me of not doing anything when I did (maybe not all you wanted) and when your buddies break the rules don't defend them. I see we have suttled down a bit but I wanted to lay my feelings straight. I see there is a whole string of posts deleted. Somebody is doing something. Sorry I have been in Mexico and didn't find out about this until today. Tawlison, I don't know who you need an appology from and why but I will appologize, I am just not a man hugger!:)

Darin, no apology required. I get along with everyone. I was talking about something else that Begley has already addressed.

i reckon it is.
hmm.. man i would love to be a climbing instructor someday. that would be awesome. so anyway, back to the main big important subject..

is anyone giving away any lockjacks?

you know what? i'm gonna make that my signature.

ROLLACOSTA said:
Nice one Ross maybe a career in training is ahead for you..:)

I dont have the quals to do it,though it would be a nice number,Looking for work as i think im getting my P45 as i have opened a can worms on safety issues when cutting next to overhead lines.
The book says that if branches are overhanging the conductors than its a shut down & we are getting asked to do it live which breaks the HSW act.
Im the only qualified person in the company with the electrical qualifications & have others working with me that have small tree felling & another with climbing & chainsaw in the tree & they are being asked to work next to the lines.
So if anyone has any ideas let me know.
Thanks.

From what I remember of line clearance, bosses always want you to push the boundaries, but its your neck on the line. you know the regulations, and within a little, your own abilities. IMO if it requires a shut-down, then your good judgement should be enough, if not ...... walk, plenty of demand out there for skilled arborists.

Big A said:
From what I remember of line clearance, bosses always want you to push the boundaries, but its your neck on the line. you know the regulations, and within a little, your own abilities. IMO if it requires a shut-down, then your good judgement should be enough, if not ...... walk, plenty of demand out there for skilled arborists.

Thanks Big A,but i need job before i can walk.

Ross, Big A- what are the qualifications to do line clearance work over there? Here utility arborist remove overhang all the time with the power on, planned outages are very rare, only under grave circumstances. I climb in the bush now, no chance of getting zapped, sometimes I miss the rush though.

clearance said:
Ross, Big A- what are the qualifications to do line clearance work over there? Here utility arborist remove overhang all the time with the power on, planned outages are very rare, only under grave circumstances. I climb in the bush now, no chance of getting zapped, sometimes I miss the rush though.

Clearance,you have to hold a NPTC certificate of competence in electrical arboriculture
Utility Arboriculture
Utility Arboriculture unit 1.pdf
Utility Arboriculture unit 2.1.pdf
Utility Arboriculture unit 2.2.pdf
Utility Arboriculture unit 2.3.pdf
Utility Arboriculture unit 3.pdf
Utility Arboriculture unit 4.pdf
Utility Arboriculture unit 5.pdf

Have a look at this link for the above to see what we need to know.
http://www.nptc.org.uk/Schedules/default.aspxnits

To my knowledge over there you use bucket trucks alot but we are limited to when we are allowed to use them,the company i work for dont own one.

Ross- cool you have a 266, I used to have a couple of them, tough, great little saw. I couldn't get the link you supplied to work. We have buckets but you can't use them everywhere. Utility work can be a real blast, bouncing branches of the line and fast cutting tops so they drop straight down and don't waste the line. It's fun wedging over big trees (big for the U.K.) beside the line too, especially when you know regs. say you must have a rope in it. Never thought that I would miss it, don't miss all the wankers whinging about trees getting removed though. I was born over there, Uddersfield, Yorkshire, but I lived here since I was a little kid so I talk normal. What does Rollacosta mean by "lets be chavin it"? Does he mean shaved beaver or what? Cheers.

Latest posts

Back