Brits talkin about Brit stuff

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stephenbullman said:
you over in this country are ya bermie?

saltex is a good day out, chance to meet up with like minded people, more devoted to landscaping than tree work but there are some tree climbing demos and i believe pole climbing competitions.
most of us who are going are heading over on the thursday

Yes, going to Saltex on Wednesday for Lantra stuff, prob meet up with friends on Thursday, NPTC chainsaw update on friday, home Sunday

I'm leaving Milwaukee on Saturday to help my girlfriend move to the University of Durham. Anyone want to meet up with me somewhere in the UK? We're looking for places to check out, cheap hostels and free pillows. I've got two weeks, about half of it in Durham. Did I mention that I can haul brush? :biggrinbounce2:

:cheers:

Nickrosis said:
I'm leaving Milwaukee on Saturday to help my girlfriend move to the University of Durham. Anyone want to meet up with me somewhere in the UK? We're looking for places to check out, cheap hostels and free pillows. I've got two weeks, about half of it in Durham. Did I mention that I can haul brush? :biggrinbounce2:

:cheers:

Hi Nick,There is a big forestry show here in the uk while you are here,Its called the APF demo & is held every 2 years,If you get a chance you should have a look.

I have family who live just outside Durham just a shame i aint in the area.

Hello

I'm a kiwi who worked in Europe for five years,I spent most of my time working for out fits in south London,north Kent,Surrey etc.Worked for A.N.Rowlands,Kellys tree service,ISC treeservice based in Lewisham,finally JJ&B treecare in Swanley(loverly place).Now I work in the states and was wondering what the average contact climber rates are now in the UK?I often get asked what the pay is like compared to here,I'm on $25 per hour plus bouns.We do alot more work per day than in the UK,mostly due to better access,bigger chippers,trucks etc.I tent to work a ten hour day,stretching to thirteen or so in the middle of summer.Thanks,any help is appreciated

contract climbers day rates seem to vary depending what part of the country you're in, but as a guide i'd say on average you'd be looking anywhere from £100-£140 for an experienced climber

Thanks!

Thats about what I'd charge when I woould contract out,a fair bit more if i bought my chipper and Landie along.I do miss the types of trees we'd deal with in blighty,not to mention the lady's,pubs and cafes.

Thanks mate

The APF show was great,Had a climb in the new TreeMotion Harness(Saddle to you guys over the pond) & found it very comfortable & light so will be looking to get one when they hit the shops,Sherrils are the sole importer in the US so i have been told.

multi tip stump cutter wheel

hi has any one fitted and used multi tip wheel and teeth , i need info from people that have used it, before i fit to my sc252 . i fitted green teeth to a rayco with out asking people and had bearing wear and it cut alot slower ,cost me a fortune this time no costly mistakes any help thanks

i use an rg50 with the multi-tip system. it defintly doesnt grind as smoothly as the standard wheel, but on the plus side changing tips is mega quick.
i dont think id want a multitip on a smaller grinder though, anything less powerful than the rg50 would perhaps struggle

predater 26

any one used predater 26 was offered one for £9000 ,seems to be alot of them on the market ,with very low hours or only 1 year old , vemeer sc252 and others are hard to come by just wonderd if the were any good:blob2:

as i have said before, multi tip is ok on the 20hp dosko (much better than orriginal) but is wearing out now.....don't trust patrick watts as for as i could throw him....which in fairness is not that far but you get my drift...dura disk...any feed back on that...carlton are trialling it but i have heard nothing on how well it is doing!!

dura disc

hi spoke to a contractor who uses it, aparently cuts very fast not good at plunge cutting wheel wears after 8 or 900 hours and needs to be replaced bearings wear 4 500 hours but over all he was pleased with speed of cut fitted to 252 vemeer

Ive heard the after sales service you get with the predator distributor is crap,my old boss is getting rid of his next year for a bigger vermeer,as every time it breaks down hes waiting to long for parts,nothing like the parts service you get with vermeer.

He does run his other grinder a 252 on a predator cutting head though as its easyer to change the teeth and supposed to be faster cutting.

subbed him some stumps last week to see the predator in action did not think much to it,was not that much faster than the 252 with a good operator and the tracks destroyed the client lawn's:(
plus he has to charge more money when the predator goes out.

Latest posts

Back