Brush Bandit or Vermeer Chipper?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which chipper would you have, if wood size capacity is the same?

• Vermeer

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Brush Bandit

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Other (explain in post)

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

Torquin

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm thinking about a bigger chipper. I have a Brush Bandit 65AW I bought used a while back. It's OK, but I could use more capacity than 6". I have been hearing opinions about these 2 brands, and I wonder what your opinion is?
If possible, please elaborate on your reasons with technical data.

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited:
chippers

both comp. make a very nice unit ,but you need to start with how much your going to spend.i have a 1250bc and a bandit 250 4 sale both will take 12inch limbs.asking 7500-8600.:)

Have you considered a Carlton Chipper?

I'm thinking about a bigger chipper. I have a Brush Bandit 65AW I bought used a while back. It's OK, but I could use more capacity than 6". I have been hearing opinions about these 2 brands, and I wonder what your opinion is?
If possible, please elaborate on your reasons with technical data.

Thanks,
Chris

Have you considered a Carlton Chipper?

No, I know nothing about them. I have heard that Morbark (sp?), Brush Bandit and Vermeer are the best, in that order, but that was from one person. I am asking here because I don't know anything except for my current BB 65AW. I want to hear from others about the brands I have mentioned or others. I am not married to anything.

Thanks,
Chris

If I was in your situation, I would look into a Vermeer 1500BC with a winch.
Here's my reasoning: I've used Vermeer machines for 20 years as did my father before me. We've had nothing but good experiences with Vermeer and their service. Vermeer may cost a little more but, we're convinced they're worth it. Our machines have exceeded our expectations and have outlived our competitors' machines of different brands.
Why 15" with a winch? Sounds like you might not have a big enough truck to tow an 18" chipper and Vermeer doesn't make a chipper smaller than the 1500BC with a winch. To me, buying a chipper without a winch would be like buying a crosscut saw over a chainsaw.
If you have a big enough truck to tow the 1800BC, then, by all means, go for it. You won't regret it. The only thing I regret is not getting it sooner.
Did I stress how important the winch is? Get a winch regardless of what brand you buy.
Gerasimek

Latest posts

Back