Brush blade for an FS 80 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinj

Whatarya, Goofy?
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I have a Stihl FS 80 Trimmer.
It's older, heavy duty, and runs great.
I've trimmed some heavy brush with this,
using a circular saw type blade made by Stihl.
The dang thing gets dull so quickly.
Is there a blade that can keep cutting 1 in. dia.
brush ( grey dogwood ) without much of a problem ???
Also, something that I can sharpen myself.
Thanks for all yer responses.

:cheers:

I use a brush blade made by Windsor, but I use it on my fs 250. It is easily sharpened with a saw file and lasts a long time.
The one I use is stock# EIA-200-25 has a 1" (25mm) center hole and is 8"(200mm) round. max rpm is 13000.
this may also be the stock # ISO7113
I have not found a better blade yet and my company does the brush cutting for the porcupine mountain ski hill and MT. bohemia here in the upper peninsula of Mi. not sure what your fs80 arbor size is but I'm sure they make one for yours. .............................Hey by the way since yer way down south there in Mich. if ya see our Canadian born governor Jenny kick her in the ass for me.
THANKS

P.S. No offence to ou Canadian neighbors I guess **** just roles down hill....and south is down ...on the map.

Check with your Stihl shop...i have seen some in the stihl catalog that i believe argue they will cut to 1 inch.

1 inch for us though...thats put out the kloppers if it just a little other wise...
the MS 260..with a 20'' or 25'' awesome brush saw...

The 80 uses a 1 inch arbor also(assuming you have the 1996-present 80 and not the ancient one) ....but don't tell your stihl dealer it's going on an 80 cause the circular saw/chisel tooth blades are not approved on 80's cause of the cable drive instead of a driveshaft in those units.

Try the Beaver Blade.
They are available through the internet or some local dealers carry them. I don't know if any of the site sponsors have them.

They are a blade for bike handled trimmers with chain saw teeth fastened to the rim. They come in several diameters for use with machines in of various engine displacement. My guess is your FS80 will take either the 7 or 8 inch blade. The hole is for a one inch arbor but the blade comes with a bushing to get down to 20mm if necessary.

This is a serious piece of hardware. It works very well on one inch stuff and once you get used to it will tear through saplings in the 2 to 2-1/2 inch range. Sharpens with a standard round file just like chain saw chain. Price is around $40 I believe.

Hope this helps

Back