Brush removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl Crazy

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
I just finished 5 months of logging on a lot and before I leave the landowner would like to get his road brushed out. He wants it 4 feet wider on each side and no canopy cover, road is 3 kilometers. I don't do this for a living so what is the going rate for this type of work? I know what I am losing dollar wise by not working the next lot. Any suggestions on rates.

Last edited:
I will take the camera tomorrow. The job doesn't require chipping, only slashing of small softwood, alder and white birch that is crowding the road. I am using a combination of chainsaw and clearing saw.

if all you have to do is ROW see if you can rent something like this and you will be done in a couple of hr.
attachment.php

I just finished 5 months of logging on a lot and before I leave the landowner would like to get his road brushed out. He wants it 4 feet wider on each side and no canopy cover, road is 3 kilometers. I don't do this for a living so what is the going rate for this type of work? I know what I am losing dollar wise by not working the next lot. Any suggestions on rates.
Get a crawler with a blade and it will be done in a few hours to a day. Way to much grunt work to do by hand. You didn't mention how much dirt had to be moved. Is it flat? 8" and smaller trees? If it doesn't need any cuts and the trees are small a motor grader would clear and regrade the road in a day or less.

Back