"Bry-Dan"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiseman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Can anyone give me some thoughts on the Bry-Dan saddle by Sierra Moreno?
I saw it in the last issue of TCIA and it really interested me. I'm thinking I might want to use a saddle with suspenders, and a rated dorsal attachment is an added bonus.
Very little info on the web considering it's been around for 40 years.
The price is awesome at $295. I just don't want to pay for the shipping to Canada and then the shipping back if I don't like it.
I have been climbing on the Sequoia for the last 4 years, and before that the Butterfly II for 4 years, and before that the Buckingham Traverse for 3 years.
I do understand they all have sliding bridges and I'm not really sure if the Bry-Dan does.
And I'm not interested in the TreeMotion or the Ergovation, I understand they have harness attachments.
Cheers

I purchased a Bry-Dan saddle about 35 years ago from Sierra Moreno and loved it . I went on to buy and use some of Don Blair’s other saddle offerings and just kind of forgot about it as a choice for some reason. About a year ago I saw my buddies Bry-Dan in his bag. He has been using it for about 15 or 20 years and it still looks strong and great in every way. I’m thinking, "why do I buy a new saddle every few years?" He doesn’t climb near as much as I do, and there are safety issues there that I will continue to be finicky about but, it caught me off guard at the moment.

Just had Luke at TreeStuff order an Ergovation with a set of steel D Rings for me (I love doing business with that guy) I wanted to get away from any leather on my saddle and try the various features of the Ergo.. Then I came on info. about the Bry-Dan and how bullet proof they are and long lived. (I think there was a thread about it in one of the forums.) Anyway I am going to get another Bry-Dan here in the next few months and set it up as a back up saddle and a primary for hanging heavy saws off on take downs. I remember how comfortable and strong that thing was.

Last edited:
I purchased a Bry-Dan saddle about 35 years ago from Sierra Moreno and loved it . I went on to buy and use some of Don Blair’s other saddle offerings and just kind of forgot about it as a choice for some reason. About a year ago I saw my buddies Bry-Dan in his bag. He has been using it for about 15 or 20 years and it still looks strong and great in every way. I’m thinking, "why do I buy a new saddle every few years?" He doesn’t climb near as much as I do, and there are safety issues there that I will continue to be finicky about but, it caught me off guard at the moment.

Just had Luke at TreeStuff order an Ergovation with a set of steel D Rings for me (I love doing business with that guy) I wanted to get away from any leather on my saddle and try the various features of the Ergo.. Then I came on info. about the Bry-Dan and how bullet proof they are and long lived. (I think there was a thread about it in one of the forums.) Anyway I am going to get another Bry-Dan here in the next few months and set it up as a back up saddle and a primary for hanging heavy saws off on take downs. I remember how comfortable and strong that thing was.
You'll love the Ergo

Back