bucket truck models?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everybody im finaly finainclly able to get my first bucket truck! (so excited) Im goin next week to look at five different models, Altec LRIII-55, Altec LRIV-50, Hi Ranger XT-55, Hi Ranger XT-52, Aspunldh LR50. Does anybody have any advice on what they like or exspecially parts availablity??

i like altecs, have used mostly that. i'd recommend getting something a bit taller than what you're looking at, but you might not need it living in tx. also, it doesnt pay to buy old equipment, get the newest you can possibly afford. just like old cars, old equipment can nickel and dime you to death from repairs

Last edited:
Call altec .Good luck. If you find them please post where you found them.

find what? there's lots of buckets new and used of all brands and ages online. the only hard part is finding a site that actually lists the prices instead of only giving a number (so you'll call them and they have a chance to try to sell you something)

Tree Experts. LLC.

JMcGuireTree,
I called Altec and ordered the drive cable for $2626.?? after tax and shipping. The machanics were trying to charge me 1200.00 more if they ordered it for me, even though I gave them the part number and Altecs number???? Rip offs!
Thanx for the good advice.
Tree Experts

Back