Bucket Truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David,

As an equipment broker there are many boom manufacturers that build a quality boom. My preference when working with customers is Altec, Lift All and Terex (Hi-Ranger). My advise to you would be, what manufacturers have a service center located close to you. Elevators are very popular in our industry for getting around. These are hard to find in a rear mount bucket truck. I have a list of many bucket trucks for sale. If I can help, email me at [email protected].

Hope this helped!
David
www.globalequipmentexporters.com

I think i'm going to purchase a Newer
Bucket truck.Anyone have any suggestions on a particular brand of lift
Or any negative Opinions on any?

i've always liked altec. they supply all the power companies around here. i dont care for hi-rangers, they seem kinda flimsy. get the tallest one you can afford ofc, and move anything that gets in the way of using it

i've always liked altec. they supply all the power companies around here. i dont care for hi-rangers, they seem kinda flimsy. get the tallest one you can afford ofc, and move anything that gets in the way of using it

Huh? Altecs are good but flex like a fishing rod when you are maxed out off the side, unlike Hi-Rangers. They have the rectangular booms, unlike the round Altec style which flexes considerably more.

Huh? Altecs are good but flex like a fishing rod when you are maxed out off the side, unlike Hi-Rangers. They have the rectangular booms, unlike the round Altec style which flexes considerably more.

idk what altecs you're talking about. our top section of boom is a tube and half of the bottom section is a tube. on the bottom section, the part that isnt a tube is very stout. ours sways a little, but its because its like 30 years old. i have a thread out there with pics of all our equipment if u'd care to look

speaking of round vs square booms. Whats anyone think about how much more wind the square boom catches then does the round style? I picked up a hi-ranger in Jan. and haven't worked much on real windy days so haven't noticed much of a diff. but I know a guy that had a spider lift with a square boom and it swayed way to much even in light winds.

speaking of round vs square booms. Whats anyone think about how much more wind the square boom catches then does the round style? I picked up a hi-ranger in Jan. and haven't worked much on real windy days so haven't noticed much of a diff. but I know a guy that had a spider lift with a square boom and it swayed way to much even in light winds.

anywhere there's no building or cleared area, there's full forrest around here so we dont get much wind, especially since our bucket is only 55' and all the trees around are 50-120'. i havent noticed and affect of wind on a lift, but we have an altec which is super stout as i mentioned up there^^

Latest posts

Back