Bucket trucks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeclimbermike

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just bought a 1994 GMC with an Altec LR III-55. The truck runs like a dream and looks brand new. I have been in the aerial. It runs nice and smooth and the hoses look fine. This is my first time having a bucket truck and using one as well. I plan on having it looked at this week. Before I do I have noticed a little bounce in the upper arm near the base. There are no cracks or anything, but don't know if this is normal. Physics wise it makes a little sense that there is this bounce, but would like an opinion from many of our experienced bucket operators. Other than that I have just looked for any signs of fatigue in the steel. Is there any thing I should look for that I can see? I value the expertise of many of you and would appreciate any feed back on this.

bounce is normal. you need to ease onto the controls instead of pushing them down all the way like you would, say a stump grinder. the upper boom is the most touchy control.

Latest posts

Back