Buckingham Pinnacle vs. Petzl Mini Boss

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buck Traverse "Deluxe"

Tree Machine said:
What makes it 'delux'?

The extra padding in the back ("Drylux") sold it to me, but you also get the pawl-style ("Quick Release") connections on the leg straps. And, they brag about "Fully Adjustable" seat and belt systems on the Deluxe model, but without a standard model to compare it to I'm not sure what they are talking about.

Last edited:
Here's the reality with adjustments. Once you get it adjusted to your liking, you probably will never adjust it again. I can't see where there would be any more adjustments than on the standard model. Like the thin little strips of adjustable webbing from the back pad down to the bosun seat, once those are set to where your bum seats nicely onto the board, they are adjusted.

One of the best mods I've done to my saddle (same as yours, pretty nearly) is I stitched wide seatbelt webbing to replace the stock bikini straps. You do this by hand with a sewing awl. You can tell by the wear in the saddle that this saddle has seen some hard days, especially in this back area.

With the bosun board you can comfortably (and safely) straddle a limb as you would a horse and even slide backwards down a rough-barked limb and no wear to you derie'r or other important parts.

Last edited:
Tree Machine said:
With the bosun board you can comfortably (and safely) straddle a limb as you would a horse and even slide backwards down a rough-barked limb and no wear to you derie'r or other important parts.

Good News! I was a little worried the butt board would get in my way, or I might break it, riding limbs. Glad to know it can take the PSI's.

Tried to view the movie, but my dial up went belly up. Maybe I've got too many files open, my system's acting kinda screwy. I'll try again tomorrow. Also tried to update my earlier post with a picture, but best I can tell something went wrong in the download.

Back