Building a 500 Hotsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dennis

great idea for a thread, i think we would all love to see a step by step of how you build a bike saw. i keep looking at cart motors on ebay , with the fantasy of trying to build a saw out of one, just for kicks. maybe next winters project if i get my garage built this summer.

ps. john it must p!ss you off to watch dennis start another bike saw build up while your saw sit's in the corner collecting dust for another year.:laugh: :laugh:

It should weight around 60 to 70lbs. The CR500 Honda

Now at that weight i'd luv to see it waved up and down through the log a few times or is this just for a single down cut event, man thats heavy.

McBob.

ozflea said:
It should weight around 60 to 70lbs. The CR500 Honda

Now at that weight i'd luv to see it waved up and down through the log a few times or is this just for a single down cut event, man thats heavy.

McBob.

It happens. Three cuts you know.

Fred

Ask Jaime Cogar how much his used to weigh.

cr 500!!

Picture of cr 500 built by DC. Picture was taken at Bend, OR. The wood is 26 in. Ponderosa Pine, took first at 3.42. I have raced the saw six times, got four firsts and two seconds. Thanks a lot DC!!

T.J. Bexten said:
Picture of cr 500 built by DC. Picture was taken at Bend, OR. The wood is 26 in. Ponderosa Pine, took first at 3.42. I have raced the saw six times, got four firsts and two seconds. Thanks a lot DC!!

T.J.

That saw has won alot of races....but so has mine. Hahahaha! You've got it lookin good. This new one is for Mikey Forrester....so we'll have some more competition.

about a starter?

Hey D.C. I the pipe you are putting in micky's saw the same as yours? I will be needing a new one 4 next year,and was thinking about going down to Dean's GTG in Feb. What are the best starters to use when building one 4 the 500? What are the chances of you having time or wanting to build one?

rahtreelimbs said:
Is it true that the cooling system is used to hold the barlube?

The rotax's use the cylinder water jackets as the oil tank but my saws don't. I grind all the water jacket castings off most of cylinders and build a small tank.

Back