builtrite's 18 SCP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

U2bwolfb4

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
anybody out there run any builtrite stuff ?? been looking at the 18 SCP most of my tree's avg. 12 - 15 inchs on the stump. an running about 20 - 25 feet long, really like the wedge setup, for centering, an with all the diffrent wedge's, from the 4 way to 10 way setup's for my bundled firewood,, any info on their equipt, from operator's using them would help,, thanx y'all u2bwolfb4

I know you asked specifically about the builtrite and I DO NOT OWN ONE. I have looked at and compared machines over the past 5 or 6 years. Do you know how much you would have in a new one with a conveyor? I have been to a handful of NE Forest Products Expos and Paul Bunyon shows and have ran a few of them. Personally I had the green monster from CRD Metalworks and now have the Rapido Loco 20. For the complete cost of capability plus conveyor, they are the best, IMO. Even the smaller machines they sell. The similar would be woodbine junior. There was one for sale in New England on craigslist (300 hours, maybe) For slightly less than the cost of new. ($32k versus $37k) And the conveyor is a part of the machine- meaning it isn't an additional cost.

One thing I can say is that Built Rite is very rare on craigslist. People must really like them or sell them more easily then on craigslist.

Are you trying to roll the logs to the machine? (I can see that as an advantage to the built rite) However, does this bend and ruin the gear/jacks over time? Woodbine gear is fixed and has a jack in all four corners. The log loading deck is fixed however.....

I have 2500 hours on a builtrite scp 30. The wedge system works well as does the rest of the machine. Parts are usually easy to find locally and most repairs are do it yourself.

Latest posts

Back