Buried a friend fell out of a tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sad. I'm 74. Stopped climbing around 68 -69. I'm amazed that I'm still here. Now days when I climb on my house roof I wear a helmet. I ran a small Echo cs352 a short time today until my back got to kicking my butt. My daughter was 42 this September. She likes Motorbikes and makes long trips with her boyfriend on a Harley. I rode when I was younger and have a crippled left (seems it's always the left one) leg from it. Not to mention my bad back since before I was 30.. That's about as dangerous as climbing but life isn't how long we live it's enjoying what we have while we have it. I almost died climbing a Mountain when I was 18. Life is fragile. I've got a lot of friends already gone. As I age it's evident how lucky I've been.. Sorry about your loss and sorry for his family too. I sure hope he doesn't have children without a father. Wives and friends may get ok in time but those little babies hurt for a long time. I almost died when my 31 year old daughter was about two. I would have given up but I fought to live because no way did I want that baby to grow up without a daddy. So sorry. Be blessed.

I have been a Climber since 1978. I am 62. We are all very special people. I have only seen two Bad Accidents. However, I know three climbers who died by their own hand. Maybe that could be a topic in the Future on this thread.
Mental Health.
I do not believe you can call yourself a Climber if you have not come close to a few Catastrophic Personal experiences. We all work with Nature and as much as you can plan the outcome for your next cut, nature is dynamic. We live and we learn.
Being lucky is important too.

Attachments

• Tree work 2.jpg
    Tree work 2.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 41
This is something i really hate to read about because i know people have lost friends and love ones, i understand anytime you leave the ground and climb into a tree even just a small distance and slip and fall there is a good chance you may never climb again.

Never liked reading about the death of a "climber" (and I say that loosely) especially when his death was completely avoidable. No excuse for falling out of a tree here. Apparently this fella never heard of a safety strap or even tying yourself in. Why should I feel sorry for some one who should have stayed on the ground? My condolences to the family.

Back