Business Idea???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunt79

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to ask a few questions. First of all I am a Full Time firefighter, I work 24hrs on and 48 off which leaves me with a lot of down time. The past couple of years I've been racking my brain of ideas of something to do on my days off to make extra income. I have started shopping around for a Skid Steer with Mulcher. There isn't anyone around this area that has one that I know of so I figure there would be potential to earn a pretty good secondary income. Am I thinking wrong or do you guys think the same thing I am. And if so I know rates vary all over the country but what would an average rate to opperate one be. Here is South West Arkansas it is some hunting country so I know the Deer/turkey/duck leases alone should keep me busy

I used to use a Skid steer a lot, to earn some cash,

Its a great way to clear land(well, brush and small trees, really small) in the summer and then in the winter you can do snow etc.

You also could dig small above ground pools etc with that machine,

If you buy a decent skid steer you can make money for sure.

You can even get a stump cutter etc for a skid steer......

Its all in the math, Make sure you have enough work to run the machine and you can make money.....

BTW - Thanks for being a firefighter, That's a tough job!:cheers:

Land clearing. I'm sure there is plenty of work to keep me busy. I love the firefighting, it's one of those jobs you grow up wanting to do. The problem is it doesn't pay good so I think I have found a way to make some money, Just a little nervous about making that big of an ivestment. Just wanted to hear others thoughts on the idea. I've had some experience clearing land with our small dozer and always thought how nice it would have been to have a skid steer mulcher.

Back