Business License?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyT

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to obtain a business license? And how many of you have really bothered with it? Is it through the township or the county? I'd imagine you'd have to have liabilty insurance before obtaining a license? Just curious. It is going to be a while before trying to go legit.Any info on the cost and place to obtain a license would be of much help.

I contacted the town I live in. They informed me that there is no such requirement in my town. Not sure about the county to be honest. I never really bothered. So I operate as a sole prop. I have liability insurance, no employees and my SSN is my tax ID so far that has worked fine for me. I am taking two small business classes right now, one for taxes and one for planning, hopefully I will have something more meaningful to share soon!

Contact your state and check if you need a state license. In my state we dont, but we need one for every small town we do business in. I got a $500 ticket once for not having one. The ticket was thrown out when i got the license ($25)

Latest posts

Back