Butterfly Wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ayatollah

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Was chainsawing up some old oak stumps today, and found a pleasant surprise inside. Never saw such striking similarity before in a natural sense anyway, so you can see why I called it Butterfly wood:

butterflywood010.jpg

butterflywood009.jpg

butterflywood008.jpg

butterflywood006.jpg

butterflywood005.jpg

butterflywood004.jpg

I would cut some rounds off that and make some nice clocks. Pick a stain that shows contrast well.

If I were you, I would cut that piece off in a 1 1/2" slab, sand it smooth, varnish or oil it and sell it for $40. THEN I would keep slabbing every piece of that oak until I came across the likeness of Jesus or Elvis!

If I were you, I would cut that piece off in a 1 1/2" slab, sand it smooth, varnish or oil it and sell it for $40. THEN I would keep slabbing every piece of that oak until I came across the likeness of Jesus or Elvis!

Well, when the tree was standing, it had a crotch like elvis; And while I was carrying those woods up a hill in 104 degree heat this summer, I'm pretty sure I saw jesus once.

GDamit I was just going to say look out for elvis or the big J. Toooooo slow.
:msp_mellow:

Back