Buzz saw blade

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks

Thanks for your reply however 26 inches is too small for my needs...About 36 inches is as small as I can use...

Mark

Good grief what are you sawing?

At one time my grandpa had a few old buzzsaw blades in his barn, they might have been sold when he sold his John Deere B, I would ask him but he is no longer with us, the only way to find out would be to go look for myself.

...At one time my grandpa had a few old buzzsaw blades in his barn, they might have been sold when he sold his John Deere B, I would ask him but he is no longer with us, the only way to find out would be to go look for myself.

I bet your Grandpa's blades weren't carbide-tipped! They'd probably still be worth something to the right person if they're in good shape still.

Mark, are you looking for blades specific to ripping or cross-cutting? I know a lot of the old-timers used blades interchangeably for both by changing the set in the teeth, but I don't know if the same holds true for carbide blades.

Come to think of it, I don't know if I've seen a carbide blade say it was for cross-cutting, but perhaps they make them.

Thanks for your reply however 26 inches is too small for my needs...About 36 inches is as small as I can use...

Mark

Not sure what I was thinking...I didn't even notice that you had written that you were looking for 40" in the original post :dizzy:. I was feeling pretty lousy with a nasty cold yesterday...maybe I shouldn't post things when I feel like that! The only other suggestions I would have for you would be to maybe check in on the Milling and Saw Mills section of AS...and I know I've seen some videos on youtube of some serious firewood processors and saw mills with 36"+ buzzsaw blades. Maybe you could search for those videos and email them to see where they get them?

Back