C1Q-S120A Alternatives

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freudianfloyd

Clinically Diagnosed with CAD
Reaction score
I have posted about this POS chainsaw in the past, and after replacing seals and gaskets, fuel lines, plug, filter, etc. I still believe the problem is with the carb. I have rebuilt it multiple times thinking I missed a dirty port or don't have a diaphragm on right, or the metering lever is wrong, etc. but it doesn't seem to do much. I have it now where it is running OK, but will not idle down. I think the problem is in the H and L ports. The needles don't seem to seat right, and the H side appears to have stripped threads.

Anyway, the saw in question is a MS211C with the C1Q-S120A, and apparently that A makes it almost non-existent in the aftermarket. The difference between the B and A apparently is a small line that goes to the primer bulb, and a hole in the gasket. But no matter what, I cannot find a replacement carb besides going to the actual Stihl dealer and ordering one. I already have too much money in this saw, that I bought because it was supposed to be an easy flip, but now I am at the point I wont even break even.

Does anybody know of an aftermarket (read chinese) carb that will fit this saw? I see used oem carbs on ebay, but I really don't want to risk it since I have no idea what condition they are really in.

The correct carb is on the bottom, the aftermarket one is on top in this photo, notice the purge line. And yes I tried taking parts from the OEM one and putting them on the new one, without success.

picture.php

I found this one that looks very similar but has a different model number. Can anybody tell me the difference between the S120A and the S269?

Difference between C1Q-S120 C and C1Q-S269:

The new carburetors differ from previous carburetors by a modified low speed adjusting screw with limiter cap, high speed adjusting screw (MS 211 only) and throttle shutter. Together with the new carburetors, a new sleeve and new manifold are introduced.

Difference between C1Q-S120 C and C1Q-S269:

The new carburetors differ from previous carburetors by a modified low speed adjusting screw with limiter cap, high speed adjusting screw (MS 211 only) and throttle shutter. Together with the new carburetors, a new sleeve and new manifold are introduced.
So what are the chances it will work with my saw? Is this an upgrade to the original?

Latest posts

Back