''Cableway'' for bee cubes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hmk

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Yeah, that's right! ;)

My mom asked me if I could make her a ''cableway'' for her to transport her bee cubes from a small rock hill behind her house and down to her lawn so she don't have to carry all of them by hand and risk falling.

I would like to use rope for this, and not wire. This so it's easier to take down before winter and other practical reasons

Questions is, what rope would you recommend when it has to withstand all weather constantly for 3-4 months a year? The cubes weight is up to 35kg

Thanks guys!

The ropes streched distance will be about 50 meters.
Weigth is so, the importance is the durability and weather resistand properties. We have discussed using anchor rope so far.
Any experience using blakes or b53 on anchor rope?
Rope will be attached to a tree, then down to the ground via a pulley. Where I would like to anchor it to the stem with a friction hitch+ a step loop with friction hitch to tigthen or loosen the line as needed using bodyweigth :)

Sent fra min SM-G870F via Tapatalk

You won't believe the tension that your 35Kg will have on that rope mid-span when you include the effects of the angle.
How high is the hill, upper attachment point to the lower tether?

http://www.ropebook.com/information/vector-forces

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/rope-angle-tension-increase-d_1507.html
Yep, it's gonna be some serious forces. Heigth difference dunno, hard to estimate with bottom rig and hill+tree.. but would say the rope will be at 30-35 degrees angle! So pretty steep.

At a 30* angle, that box is going to be a rockin and a rollin when it gets to the bottom. You will need some way of slowing this down or the boxes will get smashed at the bottom.
Glad you pointed that out, never occured to me![emoji85] hehe
It's gonna be controlled from the top with another rope ;) thanks though :)

Latest posts

Back