CAD CAD CAD! another saw on its way...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmethodrose

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
well I think my CAD is developing nicely, just brought a "spares or repair" saw from ebay with the intention of playing with it to see if I can get it going again.

MS260, nothing known at the moment. I know a bit about mechanics but not too much, however I would like to learn. And I need a 50cc saw. So, I decided to get this and take it apart, rather than take apart one of my working saws and then not be able to put it together again!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220578279492&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:GB:1123

for £122, reckon I can't go too wrong. Common model, parts easy to find. Will be back when it arrives if I can't figure it out myself!

cheers,
Joe

I didn't quite realize it until today, but CAD also extends to weird things like files and chains, spinners, breakers, etc.

I just picked up 27' of chain off CL. I've got 60' sitting back at the house that'll take me a few years to go through....

Breaker, presets, and tie-straps coming in the mail shortly...

I didn't quite realize it until today, but CAD also extends to weird things like files and chains, spinners, breakers, etc.

I just picked up 27' of chain off CL. I've got 60' sitting back at the house that'll take me a few years to go through....

Breaker, presets, and tie-straps coming in the mail shortly...

tell me about it - while searching ebay this afternoon, I found myself almost buying a brand new 18" .325 chain for incredibly cheaply. Even though none of my saws run .325 at the moment, and I don't have an 18" bar!

the "it might come in useful one day" mentality...

Joe

the "it might come in useful one day" mentality...

Joe

I need another chainsaw like I need another... however I keep buying em. You know I think that our CAD is the reason why chainsaws sell for as much as they do on ebay. Their is all kinds of deals to be found on every single type of power tool and plenty of deals on outdoor power equipment, but to get a deal on a chainsaw you have to 1, know how to look and what to look for. 2, strike fast 3, strike often and 4 be lucky. Could you imagine how sweet the deals would be if we all refrained from buying saws for a month? The truth is the deals would be to sweet for me to resist and I would cave after a couple of weeks.

well I think my CAD is developing nicely, just brought a "spares or repair" saw from ebay with the intention of playing with it to see if I can get it going again.

MS260, nothing known at the moment. I know a bit about mechanics but not too much, however I would like to learn. And I need a 50cc saw. So, I decided to get this and take it apart, rather than take apart one of my working saws and then not be able to put it together again!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220578279492&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:GB:1123

for £122, reckon I can't go too wrong. Common model, parts easy to find. Will be back when it arrives if I can't figure it out myself!

cheers,
Joe

I never thought that I would hear an AS member say this,"not be able to put it together again." No worries there old chap, you are a member of a forum that can assemble your saw from all the way across the pond, you get it and let us know what you got.
Pioneerguy600

Latest posts

Back