CAD can be evil even for a newbie.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cad is defiantly evil! Especially when you have the tradin post, eBay, CL, with all these saws and parts right at you finger tips.:eek:

Nah, CAD is easy to manage when you're broke! When I found this site, Dad and I had a Mac 35, a Stihl 039 and a Husky 55 and we thought e were set... They were good saws, but we've improved/expanded the arsenal a bit...

That 08 stihl is not desirable around here. It's a cool old saw no doubt but it's an old school low winding turd to me. Don't get me wrong, they pull like crazy at low rpm but i guess i just prefer the sound of 12,000+ rpm saws.

Better check your sources on that bit of info. Several people here have one, but the desirability factor is pretty low.
I guess I was thinking because there hasn't been a top handle this size made for years it might be something interesting. I heard back from the seller, his father was the original owner, they never used it much as they had smaller saws they liked better. Not much of a sales pitch...

just a tad steep on the asking price,, around here 100-125 would be about right

Just saw this listing on Kijiji (Like CL in Canada).

From what I understand these are quite rare. It's not far away, so tempted to go check it out.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-outdoor-tool...em/1016624366?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-outdoor-tool...em/1016624366?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Here in Ontario they are not rare at all. A few of the Hydro crews have them for cutting up hydro poles and they take terrible care of them. Price wise that is rather high. Several sitting in local pawn shops for 75.00 the dust and spiders are free with the purchase.

Not bad,, might try and come down to $200
I picked up a 353 for $60 last weekend, needed $30 for parts, 046 for $60 the weekend before that, guy said no comp,, spark plug was out,,,, there are more but I wont tell,,,,,so the deals are out there is you wait it out,,,,
BBB

Thanks for your advice. It's a brand new ad so I will watch and see if it sells. I have requested more pictures and info.

I am afraid of anything that needs too much work as it's not something I have any experience with myself.

Investment to me is something you are going to make money off of down the road. I would buy the 260 to use. Not as a investment. But way before that 08. :laugh:

I view investment not just as something to be sold in the future but also something to be kept a long time. For instance, I bought a Troy Bilt 4 stroke string trimmer. After wrestling for it again yesterday and having to fiddle with the trim head too many times I think it is time in INVEST in a Stihl trimmer.

Buy - Use and keep for a couple years then dispose of.

Invest - have for as long as you may need it.

That being said I seem to remember seeing a thread loaded with tips on buying used saws and things to check on them. I have been searching for it this morning but can't seem to find it. Anyone have it bookmarked to share?

Thanks!!

Thanks for your advice. It's a brand new ad so I will watch and see if it sells. I have requested more pictures and info.

I am afraid of anything that needs too much work as it's not something I have any experience with myself.

The guys on here will help you with any problems you ever have with a saw,,, I started with a 024 in a box,,,,

Latest posts

Back