CAD has struck with force

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihl041avhog

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My first post so be easy. Long time reader of all things chainsaws on here. Some very knowlegable people on this forum,thats for sure. My cad started with my dad's 041av. now i have a roper 3.7 thats needs a carb,shindaiwa 345,stihl 009l,012avp,036 pro and my newest find a 038av.my question is the tilly carb on the 038 hard to set up. thanks

Hard to set up compared to what? A plate of microwave leftovers, or a Rochester Quadrajet?

Tilly HS carbs are about the easiest carb to set up, or rebuild if necessary. So many variations on so many saws. What is it that you actually need to do?

Hang on to Dad's 041. I'm the most Husky/Jonsered guy you'll find on here. I only have one model Stihl, and that's an 041AV. ( 3 in fact). Just a cool old saw. Best sounding saw at idle on the planet too.

I see a lot of quad haters in this thread lol
you guys are nuts. By set i mean putting a carb kit in it. its a little different than zamas and walboro that i'm use to. I had to put new rings,bearings and seals in the old 041av. its good as new now and yes its the best sounding saw there is.the 038 looks like new. it runs with premixed in the carb but then dies.i did installed new fuel and impulse lines by the way.It's looks like a well built saw.

you guys are nuts. By set i mean putting a carb kit in it. its a little different than zamas and walboro that i'm use to. I had to put new rings,bearings and seals in the old 041av. its good as new now and yes its the best sounding saw there is.the 038 looks like new. it runs with premixed in the carb but then dies.i did installed new fuel and impulse lines by the way.It's looks like a well built saw.

I put new rings and a carb kit in an 038AV a couple of weeks ago. The carb wasn't any more or less difficult than any other I've messed with.

Back