CAD strikes again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowtechmadman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
What's a guy to do when he walks into a pawn shop and before him is a Stihl 660 in all it's glory. Remarkably in very good condition cosmetically. After pulling the muffler noticed a very clean P/C, four pulls later she came to life w/ a roar then idled down nicely w/ a blip of the throttle.
Not telling what kinda price I got them down to but just couldn't leave it there in the pawn shop. Pics will follow tonight.

How can you not like a MS660 for a great price? Glad you found her! Nothing like that Ferrari Whistle they have. Toss on that Dual Port cover from Stihl, give her lots of fuel and hang on!

Pretty clean looking saw and to think I couldn't buy a 261 for what I gave for it.

url] (Medium) (2).JPG (76.3 KB)

20 Stihl ES bar in good shape. I have 4 - 18" bars, a 28 and 36 w/ multiple loops in the barn that came w/ a project 066 that came along w/ a mill I purchased.

rep sent. Around here they would have wanted 1K for it in our pawn shops:dizzy:

Nice score! Looks to be in great shape, even the 'Stihl' on the starter cover is all black still! Nothing makes a man happy like a 660 buried 3ft in hardwood.

I know the feeling. I cant walk away either. Just came home with another myself a 372. Brings me uo to 5 good saw's. My only complaint is 5 is an uneven number, 3 huskkie's two Stihl, so gotta get another Stihl even the Playing field! Nice score man!

Sweet score, I got a 026 pro from a pawn shop for a killer price, there's a thread on it here check it out. Pawn shops can be great. They probably gave that Guy 350 for it...

Sweet score, brother! I wish our pawn shops had more than just ghetto-fabulous necklaces and china-ware utensils from 1960.

Great pics. Clean as a whistle, that thing. Good luck with it.

Good score ! Only thing our pawn shops have in them are old drill motors and cheap Chinese guitars. :msp_mad:

I get the bug to Bowtechman, even though I have a 660, would it stop me from getting another if I had cash no. I have five awesome saw would it stop me from getting more hell No! It's a sickness, or maybe just a way of life LOL! At least my life.

Back