calculation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziggy2b

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone would know how to find current log prices for ash and black walnut??
Is it sold as stumpage ? or board foot?? Also and easyway to calculate what I have??
I live here in ohio and trying to make a deal with a sawmill for my logs and would not like to be taken advantage of???
Is there a site that posts current log prices for the mid-west???
I'm sure every once and a while cutting fire wood you run across logs that are to nice to be cut for firewood and could be sold for lumber instead??:confused:
thx for your time and help,---------------------------ziggy2b

Dunham Hardwoods

Contact these guys in western Iowa. Dunham Hardwoods is the best sawmill around these parts, although there are much bigger mills, especially in Minnesota. However, Dunham has an excellent reputation, and they will give you a fair price for your logs.

Be prepared to describe exactly what species you have, log length, diameter, age, etc. Transporting to the mill will be expensive these days, but everyone is aware of that. I usually buy a truckload of milled hardwoods from Dunham every year. Their ash, oak, and walnut quality is superb.

http://www.dunham-hardwoods.com/businesstour.asp

Article in most recent "Buckeye Farm News" about logging: new program called 'Call before you cut'- 1-877-424-8288, or www.callb4ucut.com.

DO NOT hire a logger until you get a consulting forester or a state forester! Honest loggers are out there, but they're outnumbered by the 'others'!

Back