Calling on Blaze King Princess Insert Owners

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all. I am seriously leaning toward replacing my current insert with the Princess insert. My current insert is an unknown brand, not very efficient, but does heat my home decently with a 2 cubic foot firebox, but also will burn through a packed load in about 4 hours. My house is 1590 square feet, but we keep our spare bedroom closed, so we heat 1440 square feet. I live in Northeast Ohio, so winter temps can swing dramatically. Usual overnight lows are in the teens. Sometimes weeks of zero degree highs though.

My house is a split level house with three levels, not including the basement. the burner is on the "ground" floor level, the next level is about five feet above that, then the top level is another five feet above that. The lower two levels have a very open floor plan, so heat is easily dispersed, the highest level gets plenty of heat for my liking. My house was built in 1978 so it is a little drafty, but not terrible.

So with all that, what I am wanting the Princess insert to do is; after I load it good and full, keep my house above 68 degrees overnight, and when I get to it 8 to 12 hours later, still have decent heat coming off of it, and have enough coals to just rake, load and go. I burn, oak, maple, ash, elm, cherry, osage orange, mulberry, locust and the like, no soft stuff. So Princess insert owners, do you believe my expectations can be met, or am I going to be asking too much from it? Thank you for any responses, sorry for the long winded post.

I have the free standing Princess and yes you should have no problems. I burn hardwood but I had a little bit of several year old pine siting by one of my woods roads, so I brought it home this fall. I split it years ago to burn in the fire pit for some get together we were going to have but never used it.
Anyway these last 2 or 3 days it has been rainy and damp so I figured I would burn it up. In 3 days I filled the stove 2 times and ran it very low. If you weighed the pine it might have been 35 pounds maybe but it heated the house for 3 days that's years old white pine just crap really.
The secret I think is dry wood less than 15% mine is between 8% and 12% moisture content. Read your owners manual and join a forum that regularly discusses this make of stove. Good luck Jeff ,...(I have private messaged you as well)

Back