Can I get a price check on a Homelite S XL (red) please?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiwiBro

Mill 'em, nails be damned.
Reaction score
In running order, doesn't look very Frankensteined to this untrained old-ish saw newbie. What's it worth please and are these ones closer to 60 than 50cc?

Thanks in advance.

sorry, buying and couldn't find it listed on his site. But i just went back there and noticed I need to keep scrolling through the pages of the expanded lists to see it. I expanded the list originally but didn't realise it went to other pages.

Oh, and a super xl-12, so I see it's about 58cc.

View attachment 279393
279393d1360965564-dscn0476-jpg

This was at a local shop awhile back.

I really clean unit but I wouldn't pay $390 unless it was in a factory sealed box.

No it was used.Offered him a hundred for it. He laughed.
Sorta explains why he's out of business now. Shame though he is a really good wrench.

Crikey. I was thinking around the $30 mark. The sort of 'if it only goes for an hour, it was worth $30' kinda deal.

Around here they have moved into the long sell at any thing over $60.00 for runners. Still some very nice condition ones popping up but even those sit forever if they are over $60.00. People will still give $20-30.00 for complete parts machines(P/C damaged) if they are looking for one but that does not happen often.

The last ones I saw at a repair shop were runners at $50.00 a pop and they sat fooooooooooreeeeeeever.

I typically get around $60 for a non-running SXL on ebay, that's IF they have a good cylinder & piston with no scoring and good spark.
You always want to check for spark and the condition of the top end on those saws. Cylinders fetch a pretty penny, and the electronic coils are notorious for going bad and expensive to replace.

They go for 75 to 100 here. And I like them.

I cut a whole lot of wood with them, as in if I didn't sell it all I could have been set for 20 years worth of wood for personal use.

Dan

I've got a guy that LOVES them SXL12 saws. He has bought 6-7 from me. I don't pay over $75 max for a running one. The last one was $75 and it was real clean good paint and a bow bar. Which is what he really loves.
Shep

Latest posts

Back