Can Somebody Check me on this VT?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it would lock down hard on a rope, not good, unless you like all that much friction then I guess it is OK as a hitch. I'll stick with the VT.

(WLL) said:
im very proud. if u dont like stop looking:monkey:
jealousy will get u nowhere DUDE
All I'm saying is that here you've revived an old thread just to show off your hitch. The guy who started it hasn't even logged on since September. Granted, it is a sweet setup and I tried it myself when Bostonbull first described it in the friction hitch thread, but I'm not bringing it up on every thread. Besides, how often have you used it? A few times over the last week? Do you even know how it handles under many different variables? Come back in a few months when you've tried it under every circumstance possible and then flaunt the excellence of this hitch. (Or leave it up to Bostonbull who has used this hitch alot.) Just my .02.

Oh, and before you criticize my sig line and showcase your ignorance of the english language, maybe you need to take note of the little thing called a comma after the word no.

Martin Hitch

All the attention on the Martin Hitch did convince me to try it. I spent today on it in a loblollie at about 75 feet. I like it a lot. I think I'll stay on it for a while. I copied Treeco's illustration (because it was larger than (WLL)'s, except that I used 4 wraps instead of three before the closing hitch, and I left much shorter legs. 3 wraps slipped a little on my 3/8 Stay Set on 1/2" Blue Streak. I like the security of NO slippage, even at the expense of having to tend the knot a little until I got above 50 feet.

But Ax-man - I still had no trouble with it locking up on me, even with plenty pine sap exposure from the IPS beetle damaged tree I was working on.

Since February '06 I have been climbing on a modified 4/2 VT after the fashion of Ax-man's p2030154.jpg, except I closed the second braid with a marl rather than a half hitch. I liked the security, but it did jam up on me occasionally, especially in the loblollies. At least today, the 4 wrap Martin still gave me the security I like, and moved more easily than the 4 + 1 + marl VT. I think you've given me a new favorite. Thanks.

I like the vt allot. I only just learned the knut the other day. I think after the foour wraps up you went over then under. but if you go back over adding that last 4/2 it will almost self tend just like they say about the knut.That is how I learned to ty this hitch. foour wraps up over under then back over. all you need to do is go back over one more time.

HOLY CRAP! whay is everyone ????ting on WLL for posting a friggin picture? WHO CARES that he posted it before....the more pics put out there the more lesser experienced climbers can learn and double check their hitches against a known one....

SHEESH!!!! :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

I like the pics .

I just don t like to open in different page . I think pictures with any response helps .I mean there not hurting anything .

Latest posts

Back