Can this be saved?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleLebowski

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Already cleaned it up but not sure if it can be saved. I appreciate any help offered.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 102
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 106
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 91
If it's a peach, (total guess) that happened to me not too long ago on a clients property 6 years ago. Cleaned up the break, let it dry on it's own and the tree is there today still healing, still growing and still producing peaches.

I'm not sure, I thought maybe a peach?

To me, the dark area in the bark looked like an old break with dirt in it? Certainly didn't smell like a fresh lightning strike.

The man of the house travels a lot and so therefore we had a finite amount of time hence the decision to clean it up and see what happens over the next month or two. I can provide more pictures if needed and I appreciate the advice offered here.

Picture of the remaining top of the tree?

The roots are still all there, there is still about half of the trunk remaining so the nutrients have a way to get to the leaves. It will probably continue to live life, just need to make sure the canopy is maintained since there is now a structural defect.

I assume if the remaining portion of the tree falls it's not going to flatten your house, right?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Definitely not going to flatten the house and with where it's at, no worries about hitting the house.

I appreciate everyone's help here. I'll update this thread in a month or so.

Back