Cannon Superbar on 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radu88

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently picked up a 372xp (non x-torq), I've wanted one for awhile just love the way it looks and legendary performance

Been back and forth on bar brand selection, pretty set on a 28" since around here I don't encounter much that necessitates more, and at 6'4 having a bit longer bar is nice for limbing since I don't have to bend down as much

I've been eyeing the Cannon Superbars, I know they have a pretty good reputation and honestly I love the way they look (black & orange)

The one I'm considering is the:
28"
3/8 pitch
.063 gauge
93 DL

At $175 it's definitely one of the more pricey bars, but if the Cannon reputation is true it should last quite awhile (I'm not doing production logging or anything)

Is there anything I should know about these bars or am missing? Might be a useless question but I figured it's better to ask those with more experience before I order bar, chains, etc and possibly end up having to return or re-sell having made a mistake on my end

Thanks!

Hey guys, I recently picked up a 372xp (non x-torq), I've wanted one for awhile just love the way it looks and legendary performance

Been back and forth on bar brand selection, pretty set on a 28" since around here I don't encounter much that necessitates more, and at 6'4 having a bit longer bar is nice for limbing since I don't have to bend down as much

I've been eyeing the Cannon Superbars, I know they have a pretty good reputation and honestly I love the way they look (black & orange)

The one I'm considering is the:
28"
3/8 pitch
.063 gauge
93 DL

At $175 it's definitely one of the more pricey bars, but if the Cannon reputation is true it should last quite awhile (I'm not doing production logging or anything)

Is there anything I should know about these bars or am missing? Might be a useless question but I figured it's better to ask those with more experience before I order bar, chains, etc and possibly end up having to return or re-sell having made a mistake on my end

Thanks!
I've yet to hear complaints about them and yes, the black and orange look is pretty awesome, if I didn't have too many bars already I'd have bought a couple.

I was considering buying a cannon bar just because of their shape being tapered to the tip, the fact they look sharp only increased the allure! Sadly there is very little feed back out there on them that I could find.

Canon super bars make great pics. This from my 460 I bought new. Like mentioned earlier they are very rigid at the Cost of being heavy. I'm fully on the light bar band wagon my self.

Attachments

• 100_1954.JPG
    100_1954.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_1951.JPG
    100_1951.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 17
For a 28" bar on a 70cc saw, especially with limbing in mind, I'd personally want a lightweight bar. If money was no object at the top of my list would be the Cannon duralite, then the Stihl es light, then Tsumura, sugihara, and Oregon. In real life, I buy the tsumuras because they're reasonably priced and great quality.

I do own two Cannon bars and they are top notch. Heavy, but solid. And at 36" and 50", you can't really fault them for being heavy...

Back