Can't Cut Any Wood!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EXCALIBER

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So I put in my second order of toys...ahem...tools, almost slipped there, to Bailey's since they have their free shipping until Feb 28. I ordered a new woodland pro spinner and breaker with the chain chart, a shiny new speed sharp star grinder (hopefully its a good one), a hundred foot roll of woodland pro 30RC, three carb kits for a buddy, two for a husky 359, and one for a 51 husky, five 3/8x7 rim sprockets, and two 3/8x8 rim sprockets. I was sure I had everything I needed to order, ordered, so I confirmed the 800 dollar order and went to work. I no more left and realized, oh yea, oil pump for my 55 rancher, duh! I am going to have to order yet again from Bailey's, what a bummer, right? Now I will have to pay shipping since I don't have an order over 200 dollars, wait, hmm I will just have to order another 170 dollars worth of stuff to save money! Yeah that's it, order more to save on that huge shipping cost! Brilliant!!!!:bowdown:

Anyhow I can't cut any wood until I get a new rim sprocket as my old one is toast. I thought I would go to stihl shop and get one sounds simple, right? Well I walked into Stihl with the rim sprocket in hand, sure I could get one from the professionals at stihl, since we do not have any saw shops around here besides stihl. I show the guy at the counter my sprocket and he says "what is that"? I say a rim sprocket off a chainsaw, he says "oh I thought it was off a weed eater or something". At this point I'm thinking, yeah, I always weed eat in the winter when its -20F, blowing 30mph, and have a foot of snow, doesn't everyone? Stihl guy passes me off to someone with more knowledge. Yep you guessed it, this guy had no clue either!:bang:Two villages somewhere are missing their idiots. I ask if he has one and he says what saw is it off of? I say its not a stihl. He says "oh well I can't possibly look up any parts without being able to look it up in the book"...arugh! I explain its a frequent wear item and he should have plenty in stock, he finally agrees to go look for one. After 20 minutes he comes back with one in his hand..whoo-hooo!! Back to making saw dust and filling my pockets with chips! Not... the one in his hand is a small spline not a standard spline. At this point I can no longer bite my tongue any longer and decide to leave before my mouth starts saying what my brain has been thinking this whole time.

Here I am, waiting and looking out the window every five minutes for my new best friend dressed in brown, the UPS guy! I can not cut any wood till he gets here with my new toys..ahem tools..oh hell who am I kidding, TOYS!!!:msp_thumbsup:He should be here in the next week or so, and I am starting to sound like the verizon comercial but instead of "can you hear me now", I am asking "do you see the UPS guy yet, do you see him yet, where the hell is he anyway"!:msp_biggrin:I am running out of comfort beer, oh wait is that the ups guy?

LOL!!

Hang in there man!!

The truck will get there soon enough...OK, he was late yesterday, but soon.:bang::bang:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Hang in there hope you dont go into withdrawals:blob2:, stock up on comfort beer and hope that by the time your new best friend gets there it will have warmed up just alittle.....

Roy

Now you get to have the fun of anxiously tracking your package!

On February 2, I had some tools shipped from Arizona. UPS tracking showed "Adverse Weather Conditions" in Hodgkins, IL, on one day and a "Train Derailment" in New Stanton, PA, a few days later. I thought it would never get here, but it showed up this morning. Wphew!

Sounds like the South Daytona Tractor and Mower counter help.....

It isn't Stihl. For sure, if Stihl could do anything about it, they would insist on good counter help. Best they can do is offer good training for the techs.

You're going to be okay, parts are coming.

If you are having a bit of withdrawal, have the kids throw saw chips in you face while running that Line trimmer, maybe smear some chip/oil schmegma from under the clutch cover into your flavor savor for the full effect.

Still waiting last check my package is in sparks NV or just left there, and estimated delivery is next Wensday!! :blob2:Augh I guess I could use the girlfriends baby stihl ms170 I just fixed for her, but IDK there are some things even a wood addict won't do, like run a stihl! LOL JK but times are tough. Oiler out of husky, Dolmar out of rim sprocket, and only have baby stihl left! Oh and to add insult to injury my grinder is back ordered till who knows when, maybe I should call baileys and just cancel that grinder if they have a silvey in stock, but which one? Hmm...

Still waiting last check my package is in sparks NV or just left there, and estimated delivery is next Wensday!! :blob2:Augh I guess I could use the girlfriends baby stihl ms170 I just fixed for her, but IDK there are some things even a wood addict won't do, like run a stihl! LOL JK but times are tough. Oiler out of husky, Dolmar out of rim sprocket, and only have baby stihl left! Oh and to add insult to injury my grinder is back ordered till who knows when, maybe I should call baileys and just cancel that grinder if they have a silvey in stock, but which one? Hmm...

If you had a Stihl, you'd be cuttin' today!!!!!
:msp_flapper:

Hang in there, the Big Brown Truck will be rollin' in soon!:clap:

Now you get to have the fun of anxiously tracking your package!

On February 2, I had some tools shipped from Arizona. UPS tracking showed "Adverse Weather Conditions" in Hodgkins, IL, on one day and a "Train Derailment" in New Stanton, PA, a few days later. I thought it would never get here, but it showed up this morning. Wphew!

lol you expect ups to work in that blizzard we had? I work for fedex right now and we shut down for 2 days first day because it was blowing 50 and snowing like crazy and our trucks couldn't make a trip safely plus we kept loosing power, second day because there was 2 feet of snow in the yard and we couldn't get to any trailers to get them up on door to unload/load and we were still catching up on pickups after the 4th day it was fun trying to drive a "spotter" truck around in that crap

train derailment... your lucky to even see that package

ahh.... thats the package that got lost in shipping.....:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Just adding some insult to injury...

I ordered a BB kit for a 066, few set of rings and a piston for a MS360 from another sponsor from above...oh heck I'll add a shameless plug for the guy...Northwood saw...Oops forgot to mention that I order the parts at 3pm on wednesday afternoon. Sal says "I'll ship it tomorrow morning"....I say hey no hurry, if it saves me a few buck send it slow. He says no difference you're just down in NJ. It might make a difference if you were west coast. Anyway I got home yesterday(Friday) and the "toys" were on the kitchen table. Yup 1 day shipped, all correct and the piston looked like a piston...not like the last two I ordered and waited a week to get from somewhere else. I'm hoping to keep this secret so he don't get too busy....

PS. Thanks albert for the tip !!!

Latest posts

Back