Carb adjusters on eBay....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine you are talking about Husqvarna #530035560 which is the splined adjustment tool.

Some use a piece of copper tubing and form it to the splines.

I also was going to order one a few weeks ago for my 372XP. I looked on a Monday and there were a ton of them. On Friday when I was going to order they were all gone. I did find a junk carberator being sold with the tool. I bought it and on Saturday I was informed by E-Bay that the transaction was disallowed. Well it had been already shipped.:yoyo:

I would imagine you are talking about Husqvarna #530035560 which is the splined adjustment tool.

Some use a piece of copper tubing and form it to the splines.

I also was going to order one a few weeks ago for my 372XP. I looked on a Monday and there were a ton of them. On Friday when I was going to order they were all gone. I did find a junk carberator being sold with the tool. I bought it and on Saturday I was informed by E-Bay that the transaction was disallowed. Well it had been already shipped.:yoyo:

disallowed? really? wonder what in the world will be next

There's a couple listed on Amazon but they're pretty pricey

from what i can tell they are still avaliable on amazon for 29 bucks and some change

Wow. I painted the handle on mine bright orange since I take it out with me. Maybe I should drill the handle and put a ring through it so I can attach it somehow.

I bought two off some amazon thing and they were $14 each. I looked on the bay as well and couldn't find any.

I had been slotting the carbs with a dremel but the tool is a world better to use.

Err....Am I stupid or are they NO crab adjuster tools on eBay? There were LOADS before. EPA been laying the law to the Bay?

I need one for a Homelite string trimmer. Called my supply guy and was told as of Jan. one it was a $25.000 fine for selling one to an indiviual. Tom

I need one for a Homelite string trimmer. Called my supply guy and was told as of Jan. one it was a $25.000 fine for selling one to an indiviual. Tom

Man, I heard $10,000 penalty today ..... man I just saved $15,000 what can I buy ... besides a lawyer on retainer :laugh: Termite

you guys didn't read anything about me getting two of them:msp_scared:

I am sure one of the site sponsors probably has some.

I made many of them. I was sending them along with the new ported 372s. If you guys are interested I will run a batch of them.

I will just call them aluminum test bars.

Later
Dan

I just bought a DD tool for the Zama carbs through Dolmar. Said in big letters next to the part number that its not allow for sale to the public. Dealers only... Didnt say anything about a fine though.

I just ordered three or four different styles of carb adjustment tools from amazon. One of them was the husqvarna part number listed earlier in this thread. The husqvarna tool was listed as being a poulan part.

Here is the letter dealers were sent.

To All Servicing Dealers,
It has come to our attention that certain proprietary carburetor adjustment tools are
becoming more readily available on the open market. These tools are necessary for the
proper adjustment of carburetors to ensure compliance with U.S. Environmental
Protection Agency emission regulations when service work is being performed.
US Code of Federal Regulations, Title 40: Protection of Environment
§1068.101(b) states:
(2) Defeat devices. You may not knowingly manufacture, sell, offer to sell, or
install, any part that bypasses, impairs, defeats, or disables the control of
emissions of any regulated pollutant … (EPA) may assess a civil penalty up to
$3,750 for each part in violation.
By selling the carburetor adjustment tools to consumers or making it available on the
internet, you may be viewed as selling a “Defeat device” and be subject to the above
penalties.
Please assist us to ensure these tools are only being used by your qualified staff and are
not made available for retail sale to the general public.
The part number for this tool is: 530 03 55-60 and is shown below.
Thank you for your support ensuring we are all operating in accordance with U.S
Environmental Protection Agency emission regulations.
Anthony Marchese
Vice President Part Sales and Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back