carb adjustments

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earl05

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Had a rain day from work today, so I pulled the muffler off of my 359. Drilled a 3/4 inch hole through the baffle and outside, and welded a screen and washer over it. I was going to put it back together, but decided the exhaust port looked a little rough. So off came the cylinder , I polished all the ports till they were like glass cleaned it up and put it back together. My question is how do I correctly adjust the carb? I'm not sure how the two screws work I took the limiters off and know one is high speed and one is low speed, but where does one stop and the other start or maybe it's not like that at all. Thats why I'm asking. Any help would be appreciated.

carb adjustment

After the saw is warmed up,Husky says 10 minutes,you should have to richen it up.Best way is with a tach.Max is 13500 RPM.Mine worked out to be about 1/2 turn richer.(counter clockwise)This is with bar and chain on.Now 13500 is top RPM.This doesn't mean your saw will cut the best at that speed.Mine likes 13100.I use the tach while in the cut.After a few tankful of gas check it again,it might lean up again.Idle speed might also change.Idle speed is 2700 RPM.Or just make sure chain is not moving.
Ed

better give the HS and LS a 1/2 crank open before you run it at all, then you can lean it as required to get a stable idle and the top end numbers you want.

I gained about 500 rpm on idle and needed to back the idle down. But I went to two 3/4 inch pipes.

Also you may, most likely will need to clip the limiter caps of the carb screws so they can be adjusted to where you want them.

I turn about 14,000 now, but did substantially more engine work than you have mentioned. Bet you will notice big gains, the botem of the transfers on the stock 359 are a mess.

Thanks for all the help. hopefully I can get out this weekend and see what sort of difference it made.

Back