Carb jets staying in place

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keithandstef

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Odd question but I needed to adjust the carb on my Husqvarna 360BT backpack blower and in order to do so I had to remove the little plastic anti tamper plugs in the adjustment holes. No problem but man the L jet is so easy to turn. I can barely feel resistance. I got it where I want it but I wonder if it will stay put with vibration and all. Do those little plugs keep really loose adjustment screws from turning during normal operation?

Odd question but I needed to adjust the carb on my Husqvarna 360BT backpack blower and in order to do so I had to remove the little plastic anti tamper plugs in the adjustment holes. No problem but man the L jet is so easy to turn. I can barely feel resistance. I got it where I want it but I wonder if it will stay put with vibration and all. Do those little plugs keep really loose adjustment screws from turning during normal operation?

I'd go to a dealer and get some limiter caps. Cheaper than burning up an engine.

I'd go to a dealer and get some limiter caps. Cheaper than burning up an engine.

I like the idea. If this were an older Stihl for example I could see how those would work, where the jet screws are external to the carb. In this case with my Husqvarna blower, the jet screws are tiny and down deep in a very thin hole. Limiter caps exist for situations like that? I can't find anything.

Back